Great shooter on another forum.

I have one of those CZ 452's but mine has a 6.5-20X scope. Maybe I should put my old 3-9X on it because mine has trouble shooting that well at 50 yards from a proper bench with a good rest and it's been glass bedded and tuned up.

Na Jerr I think the real reason Butch posted this was so he could share the wiggle butt girl that Cal74 has for an avatar.:D

I could check him out next time I'm in S.D. chasing pheasants.

Then again, you could simply ask for photos of targets and his setup and see what happens.

All I can add, is you CF shooters don't know this can be done in RF. "NOT". Maybe 25 yards, but they never are able to back it up with real action.

Well i have a great Model 4 CZ. Got 1/2 inch, 3/8 and 1/4 with Wolf, Master and Midas in that order. (best groups, 5 shots))
Course i was usin full benchrest gear, 36X scope, Hart rest and wind flags.
Since it was 50 YARDS and great conditions maybe I'd better not compete against that guy.
HEH HEH

You're really missin something!

Butch,

Can tell you haven't visited Rimfire Central yet :eek: LOL

Boy, I hope that guy doesn't show up at a match. He'd set rimfire benchrest back 20 years!!! How could we be so stupid as to buy all these custom guns with fancy tuners and powerful scopes, then buy outlandishly expensive ammo, wind flags, and test, tune, test, practice, practice, practice! ;-)

Why are you guys getting so upset at the groups that guy is claiming he shoots with his CZ? There are several "custom rifle" BR shooters on this forum that are claiming averages that are better than this. The CZ shooter is probably just getting some groups that are near 3/8" at 100yds. I recall one bench rester that claimed averages of .15" at fifty yards. This probably equates to less than 3/8" at 100. All this is just a case of a casual shooter getting some occasional small groups with an off-the-shelf rifle. You will always have some groups that equal the best a bench rest shooter can get. No need to sweat it, average group size will always come out better with the well made high priced custom rifle. Hell, if for no other reason, it's probably heavier!

Last edited:
Well, I believe 3/8" 100 yard groups over the hood of a truck. Why? Because I used to have a truck like that. I got to thinking I could do even better so I traded it in for a newer, bigger, more-horses model, but, lol, my groups sizes got bigger. Like everything else, today's truck hoods just aren't as good as they used to be.

Ray

I shoot CZ's in USBR competition, And it is not uncommon to put 5 shots, at 50 yards, into a 3/8" group. Granted my guns have some trigger work, original trigger with lighter spring, and are bedded, also a Weaver 36 scope. I have less than $1000.00 in any one of these rifles. Granted, I would like to own a couple 3 or 4000.00 dollar rifles, but I must make due with what I can afford. The enjoyment is in the shooting not the spending. Take Care...

With all those that confess to owning these wonderful small grouping rifles, it a shame none live close enough to shoot with us at our club matches.

Well, I believe 3/8" 100 yard groups over the hood of a truck. Why? Because I used to have a truck like that. I got to thinking I could do even better so I traded it in for a newer, bigger, more-horses model, but, lol, my groups sizes got bigger. Like everything else, today's truck hoods just aren't as good as they used to be.

Ray

Try letting some air out of the tires. Should help your groups.
Jerry

That usually means it measures 3/8" between holes. Close enough to carry in your billfold.

Heck, that's nothing.
My Rem model 5 will shoot one hole groups at 100 yrds all day long.
A hole here, a hole there, a hole everywhere, but always one hole.;)

I shoot CZ's in USBR competition, And it is not uncommon to put 5 shots, at 50 yards, into a 3/8" group. Granted my guns have some trigger work, original trigger with lighter spring, and are bedded, also a Weaver 36 scope. I have less than $1000.00 in any one of these rifles. Granted, I would like to own a couple 3 or 4000.00 dollar rifles, but I must make due with what I can afford. The enjoyment is in the shooting not the spending. Take Care...
I am thinking about parting with this all out 452 say 2000.00 or bo smith by some great smiths like Eck and John Langley there is 400.00 in the 2 oz trigger and custom trigger guard the gun will shoot in the lower .1's and weights 7.4lbs with scope! barrel is like new shoot very little.
new2.jpg

new5.jpg

CZ1.jpg

CZ2.jpg

Back