Got any Kennametal Inserts?????

Dennis_in_VA

I found Some Kennametal Inserts

I just bought a used Kennametal threading tool holder and I need a couple of inserts (can't afford to buy 10 at one time right now).

I'm in need of a 16 TPI and a 18 TPI (both full profile inserts).

LT16ER16UN

LT16ER18UN

let me know what you have if you have any to spare.

Give me a shout on my Email adamsdl64@aol.com

Thanks,
Dennis

Last edited:
MSC sells them one at a time, they should have the inserts your looking for, I believe MSC owns Kennametal.

Onesies????

I didn't know that MSC sold them in quantities of one.

They list the individual price and the fact that they come in a box of 10.

I will have to investigate.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm 100% sure that they will sell you quantities of one, I have purchased them by the single unit many of times both in the store and via the website. Just give them a call, they are really easy to work with and have always treated me good.

Yep, I placed an order for a couple of inserts.

I was under the impression that you had to buy the WHOLE tray.

I am happy camper now.

I have never had to buy any inserts before (just used what was on hand).

You will be happy with your choice!

I use Kennametal Lay-down threading tools and inserts and I like them a ton!! You get three edges per insert, that's a bunch of barrels and receivers if you don't crash. If you crash one be sure to get the chunk of carbide out of the work piece or you will have real trouble. The shim that comes with the tool holder works well for the pitch diameters that we use in gunsmithing. I went with Seco for 20-UNJ and it works just as well and the shim that came with the tool holder works well too. If you watch for sales at MSC/J&L you can pick up inserts at a significant savings. When they go on sale I always buy a few, when the time comes to change one out I don't think about the cost anymore.

Nic.

Most places do make you purchase a entire tray. The nice thing about inserts with this type of work is that they will last almost forever if you dont crash the tool. If I am doing a run of alloy steel parts on the CNC I am constantly having to flip the inserts $$$$, people don't realize that you can consume $100 worth of inserts a day.

Back