First Timer to Super Shoot- advice

I'm a newer BR short range shooter(got 6PPC rifle last July) and I'm going to some of the NBRSA Matches this year to shoot. Holton, WWCCA, and the Super Shoot. What kind of cart do you use to haul all your stuff around in to the different relays and where do you get them? Also where do you guys stay? Camp, Hotels or where? Retired and ready to go. I think I have all the equipment I need but add something I might have forgotten.

Many shooters stay at the Legacy Inn in Wadsworth. Their rates are very good, but you have about a 14 mile drive to Kelbly's. For a cart, I use a folding carrier (from Lowes) with a plastic box on top. I can leave my stuff outside and the top of the plastic box protects the contents. Many use the Sinclair cart. A Little Red Wagon will also work. Find a veteran to show you the ropes and good luck. James Mock

Sinclair 749-003-649WS

This blue folding cart seems to be the standard except for the new folding, larger fabric, cart some shooters are using. Suggest getting the cover as it rains and it keeps the dew off from overnights on the range.
Suggest getting 2 pieces of 'one-piece, clamp on, shaft collars' from Mc Master Carr to allow easy installation & removal of the large wheels. Don't remember the diameter right now.
Seems to hold up and works very well. You can always paint the handle or identify your cart so to distinguish it from all the others.
Centerfire

another suggestion

A golf cart is a option. But it does not fold flat and go back in the same box it was shipped in.
Just how much weight do you plan on putting in the cart?
Remember when you are moving 7 benches a small capable cart is the best choice.
Just my 2 cents worth, your mileage may vary,
Centerfire

See thread #3

Greyghost, See thread #3.
Sinclair is a company name (Brownells now)
The number is the number for the cart on their web site.
Centerfire

Sinclair International

So where do you get these little Blue Carts? and cover? What all are you carrying in it?

is the most common source. Most everyone is carrying a rest, back bag, case snake, piece of carpet or towels,a hammer, a box of shells....... Beyond that what ever you think is really necessary. Everybody carries a little different bunch of stuff. But, it will fit in those carts. And, BTW, that is about the largest cart I would suggest for taking to the Super Shoot. The benches at Kelbly's are some of the tightest in the game and any bigger just gets in the way.

I'm gonna say differently

You don't need a cart but you do need something that will survive a blowing rain. Get or build yourself a smaller box that will hold your bench stuff and your good to go. Put your stuff in the box, carry it somewhere near your next bench, and you're good to go. I used some kind of waterproof plastic box for years (Rubbermaid I think) and found it was far less trouble than a cart. The difficulty I found was locating a box that was the right size to hold my stuff and it not slide around...but not a big problem.

I found that I could throw my stuff in the box, clamp on the lid, pick up my rifle, put my case box under an arm and tote the box to the next bench area without having to wait for those with carts to get out of the way. I had an old MTM case box that was worn such that the lid stayed fully open and that was just the thing. Mentioning that because it needs to be mentioned as that could be the difficulty involved. You think you need something better or more sophisticated and it often becomes a problem at times or places. If you can shoot the Super Shoot without a problem, then you can shoot anywhere.

Carts are a problem in every aspect. Go to win...not look good.

BTW - Make certain that if it comes a blowing rain that you're covered in every aspect. If you go to the Super Shoot three times, you will encounter a blowing rain twice. When I say blowing...I mean just that.

Last edited:
The carts are made by Schiffmayer Plastics in IL. 800-621-1092.
They are called "Kart Ahoy".
Maybe you could buy direct.

Bring clothes that will cover you for temps from about 30* to 90*. I have seen them both, sometimes in the same week. And Wilbur is spot on about the rain gear, it WILL rain, and it is never a nice gentle shower either. That makes for a long day when you are soaked to the bone.

Joe Hynes

2013 was a classic

Bring clothes that will cover you for temps from about 30* to 90*. I have seen them both, sometimes in the same week. And Wilbur is spot on about the rain gear, it WILL rain, and it is never a nice gentle shower either. That makes for a long day when you are soaked to the bone.

Joe Hynes
Super Shoot. we shot in everything from shorts and t-shirts to parkas and long johns. And rain, rain and more rain. Definitely make sure you have a waterproof cover for your cart. If you can't get one from the manufacturer, take good measurements and get hold of Bill Gammon and have him bring you one. I believe he made all the ones that Sinclair used to sell. And he is not a half bad person, for a Canuck:p

David

Room accommodations

No one mentioned the Royal Star Inn. It's about four miles south of Orrville. More expensive than the Legacy Inn, but a couple steps above also. Their contact information is on the reverse of the Super Shoot entry form. A lot of the shooters
stay there. Their phone no. is (330)683-7827.

Joe Hynes

+1 on the rain Joe. And BOOTS of some sort.

Back