Euber Treasures from a man who was a treasure himself!

skipkh

I'm hoping the veteran shooters can help me identify some bullets. Specifically Eubers!
Was rummaging through my bench and came across these. Made me think fondly and respectfully of the great men who have passed on the last few years..
One of those greats was Ron Hoehn and I miss him terribly! Years ago he told me to try these Euber bullets out, and considering the reputation of the late, great Allie Euber and his bullets I needed no further convincing.
How they ended up in a drawer, all 1000 of them, unshot, is something I can't offer any explanation for. I must have put them away and forgotten!

Well, they turned up today. Euber 68g FB #79.
As I recall he had several die sets and made different variations on his bullets over the years. Do any of you recall what the #79 represented specifically?
I am struggling with what to do with them. I imagine if he was here to ask he'd say shoot em! Buried in the lands with a case full of N133 : )
I'm not sure why but I believe I'd feel guilty sending them down range.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Skip

euber.jpg

Last edited:
That was Allie’s Lot numbering syystem. I have some from three different lots and they are all numbered.

Thanks for the info! Of the lots you have are they all identical or did you notice differences lot to lot. Different ogive, length, tip, etc..

thanks again - much appreciated!

There are subtle differences such as pressure ring diameter and body diameter. They’re all the same ogive and OAL. Some are 68 grain (1000) and 400 are 65 grains.

I'm hoping the veteran shooters can help me identify some bullets. Specifically Eubers!
Was rummaging through my bench and came across these. Made me think fondly and respectfully of the great men who have passed on the last few years..
One of those greats was Ron Hoehn and I miss him terribly! Years ago he told me to try these Euber bullets out, and considering the reputation of the late, great Allie Euber and his bullets I needed no further convincing.
How they ended up in a drawer, all 1000 of them, unshot, is something I can't offer any explanation for. I must have put them away and forgotten!

Well, they turned up today. Euber 68g FB #79.
As I recall he had several die sets and made different variations on his bullets over the years. Do any of you recall what the #79 represented specifically?
I am struggling with what to do with them. I imagine if he was here to ask he'd say shoot em! Buried in the lands with a case full of N133 : )
I'm not sure why but I believe I'd feel guilty sending them down range.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Skip

View attachment 25178

I will buy them if you're selling I've guns set up for and shoot lots 52 and 82

These 6mms are 7 ogive.
You’re going to love this. They are in the mail to a friend in Kentucky and they will be free for him.

This got me looking

Found one sealed box of 500 Euber 6mm 68 gr FB lot 160. Think I picked this up when I started shooting BR over 10 years ago. Guess that's good for one match at Raton.

By the way, has anyone found a source for those blue plastic boxes since Midway discontinued them?

I found mine

I found my blue box of Euber bullets from the 2008 Super Shoot. 500 units, 6mm 68gr FB Lot #76 Niemi Dies, Orwell, VT
Centerfire

Found one sealed box of 500 Euber 6mm 68 gr FB lot 160. Think I picked this up when I started shooting BR over 10 years ago. Guess that's good for one match at Raton.

By the way, has anyone found a source for those blue plastic boxes since Midway discontinued them?

Mr Adams,
I have some of these boxes. Come shoot in our March match, and i will meet ya at the club and bring ya a couple or 5 if you want.

What were the real good Euber bullets, I've got a couple of boxes of 500 that are marked 66gr #95 and top right on the label is Myles die.

Euber dies

A couple years before he passed, he gave me a couple sets of Detsch dies he had and I also bought 2 of his Rock Chucker presses and his Ulrich Press(B&A copy).
He hadn't even mounted it as he said he didn't have room for a side swing unit. I really like that press and now have 2 of them.
Haven't used the dies much as I have a great Ulrich set that works well for me.
Later, Mark

Back