Desert for News Years Party.....My Specialty

I can clearly remember eating your Banana Pudding many times. The best was after Marilyn's chicken spaghetti. My cardiologist would have a fit if he knew about that meal.....

Happy New Year !!!

Looks delicious. So whats the recipe? i had some banana pudding experts,(Old Folks) in my Family, at one time. I forgot to get the recipes before they all passed away.

Glenn

In a sauce pan, mix 3/4 cup of flour, 3 tablespoons of corn starch, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 7 separated egg yokes, 3 cups whole milk, and 1 can of Carnation Evaporated Milk,
Mix until all ingredients are completely combined.

In a double boiler, (don't want to scorch it), cook while constantly stirring, (about 20 minutes), until mixture starts to thicken. Add 1/2 stick of butter, allowing to mix in as you stir. Add about 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Extract, stir in. Add a dash of salt, stir in. You want just enough salt to help bring out the other ingredients, but not so much as to actually taste it.

Line bowl with vanilla wafers and bananas, then custard, repeating until all custard is used up.

For the meringue, Take the whites from the 7 separated eggs and beat with high speed mixer. Add sugar to taste, about 1/2 cup should do. When firm and peaked from the beating, whip in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Spread on pudding with peaks, place in oven at 400 degrees until a light golden brown.

Refrigerate until chilled, and enjoy.

The carnation evaporated milk, corn starch, and that 1/2 stick of butter are my additions to add a more rich, creamy taste.

I also do the dressing for our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. It is phenomenal. My wife took this picture last year of me mixing the ingredients.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17173&stc=1&d=1451693676

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Dang Jackie,that's way too complicated for a Griller liker me. I'm passing it along to the residence expert. Thanks.

You may have missed your calling. Ever thought about going into the restaurant business. That's a professionally done recipe.

Glenn

Remember what the Doctor said "If it taste good spit it out"

Never did like that doctor

Last edited:
Back