Dave Dowd Sets New Rail Gun Record

Dave Coots

64 Chevy 409 10.42 129
It's official. Dave set the new record 8-8-15 at the Minnetonka Benchrest Range in Minnesota. 5-5 shot groups 100+200 yards for a grand aggregate of .1330 The old record was .1486

Way to go Dave, you have set the bar pretty high.

Tony Larson built the rail gun. Most probably don't know but Tony's wife Punkin has pancreatic cancer and is not doing very well the last I heard. Also Tony had some colon problems a while back. A lot of you guys use his rifle stocks, the man is a true craftsman.

Later
Dave

Last edited:
Most excellent !!

Wow, congrats man! Other than your taste in traveling buddies, you're first class all the way!! What an accomplishment, really happy for you, bud. -- Scott

The old adage that good guys finish last has been disproved. A good guy has just set a new mark and deserves all of our congratulations. Great shooting Dave, James Mock

When/Where

It's official. Dave set the new record 8-8-15 at the Minnetonka Benchrest Range in Minnesota. 5-5 shot groups 100+200 yards for a grand aggregate of .1330 The old record was .1486

Way to go Dave, you have set the bar pretty high.

Tony Larson built the rail gun. Most probably don't know but Tony's wife Punkin has pancreatic cancer and is not doing very well the last I heard. Also Tony had some colon problems a while back. A lot of you guys use his rifle stocks, the man is a true craftsman.

Later
Dave

WHEN/WHERE is the party?????

Dave you never knew you had so many friends if you throw a celebration party at major shoot!!! ie; SHOOPER SHOOT
Or is this close friends only???

We need a celebration with this kind of accomplishment!!!!!
Waiting for the announcement!!!!

DOC

Dave you never knew you had so many friends if you throw a celebration party at major shoot!!! ie; SHOOPER SHOOT

DOC

Great idea Doc. I could probably get one down, or maybe 6....................:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Later
Dave

Brb

Wow, congrats man! Other than your taste in traveling buddies, you're first class all the way!! What an accomplishment, really happy for you, bud. -- Scott
:D
Woody, You have my traveling buddies all wrong. Why just last year at the Nationals I had a bridge break out and the big one offered to chew my steak for me. Friends like that are few and far between! Now that I think about it was his idea to have steak and I don't know if he would have gave it back. Never mind. Dave

DOC

Yea Doc like you need a reason to party. Its all fun and games until the Tequila comes out! Dave ;)

Terriffic Shooting

David......... what a performance...... Great Job..... and Great Equipment...... and even more so coming from the snow belt.... and shot even farther north....
bill

Last edited:
Back