Custom Painted Rifles by Kavanaugh

wnroscoe

If you have a rifle that was painted by Michael Kavanaugh, please share it with the board. Other custom painted rifles are also welcome. Thank you.

William

Not a Kavanaugh but here’s mine. 6mmBR in Candy Tangerine, white base, gold metal flakes. Smithed and painted by me.

Attachments

• DSC00912.jpg
    DSC00912.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,018
Last edited:
Here's mine by Mike K

Attachments

• Saved Pictures 128.jpg
    Saved Pictures 128.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3,461
  • Saved Pictures 129.jpg
    Saved Pictures 129.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3,781
  • Saved Pictures 131.jpg
    Saved Pictures 131.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,152
Kav did a simply outstanding job on both of these!!

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,558
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,364
Last edited by a moderator:
Michael is working furiously on his thesis. It is due the first of August. He said he would post some photos tomorrow night.
Butch

Mr. Ranger.....

Mike did a simply outstanding job on both of these!!

Don't ever call him Mike, it's Michael. He about threw me out of a moving truck the last time I did that. You'd have thought I'd called him Hillary or something but hey - to each his own. You can call him schmuck though - he doesn't seem to mind that. Go figure.

Someday soon, I hope to be sending him mega care packages in some God-knows-where overseas location. We're lucky to have guys like him (and some other unnamed Texan BR shooters) willing to do these things for us.

Here are a couple of mine. I'll try and get some more pics of the others as well.

Attachments

• Dsc01125A.jpg
    Dsc01125A.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,437
  • Dsc01134A.jpg
    Dsc01134A.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,268
This is (was?) Zane Athey's.

PICT1169.jpg

Last edited:
Kav does like skulls

as you can see on this rifle-

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00031.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

I'll see if I have some pictures of the other rifle that he painted with the lighting on it. He is the best, but when he was painting you needed to be patient and let him work at his pace. Michael's a great guy and would do almost anything to make you happy.

-Mike Paul

The lightning job-

wished I had a better picture of this rifle-another nice job-

gun%201.jpg

setup%201.jpg

He did some great work for Scott Smallwood a long time ago. I called them "Christmas Rifles".

-MP

Last edited by a moderator:
here's some for you

Thanks for the kind words...checks are in the mail. Unfortunately, I have zero time to paint now days... the only one I am finishing up I hope it doesn't rot before I finish. It takes me WAY too long to finish one now days and I just don't feel right hanging onto someones stock that long. Take care all and when I get back from ODS, transfered, and settled in I will actually try to shoot again (though shooting more service rifle) and say howdy on here from time to time :)

Attachments

• threecolor.jpg
    threecolor.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 891
  • VIPERskull.JPG
    VIPERskull.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 910
  • flytig.JPG
    flytig.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 921
  • patUScls.JPG
    patUScls.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 957
  • Complete_RS1[1].jpg
    Complete_RS1[1].jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 948
Just remember
You can always volunteer for BUDS no matter what your branch.

I have a McMillan that is black/gray marble.. My question is can that be painted over with something like one of the previous posts..
Thanks....

How about this for a twist... I'd like to see the paint jobs on the rifles that have shot the most recent world record aggregates for group and score, long and short range?

Paul

How about this for a twist... I'd like to see the paint jobs on the rifles that have shot the most recent world record aggregates for group and score, long and short range?

Paul

Now Paul, everbody knows that they just have to shoot better when they look sooooo purty.:D

Dan

Back