Could someone measure some 20 cal pellets

K

KingSnake

Can someone check their 20 cal pellets and give me the diameter so I can make some scoring plugs.

I don't know how much this will help, but Beeman lists their pellets at:

Head Size-0.197" to 0.200"
Skirt Size-0.204" to 0.211"

A 22 plug (.224) has an alignment pin of .190, .034 difference. A .177 plug has no collar and an alignment pin of .177. I have never seen a .20 plug and find none listed for Rig but based on the .177 plug, I would make the alignment pin .200.....or just use the 22 plug as made by rig.

Plug comparisons.

I am just guessing here but it would seem logical that the difference in the plug sizes for 22 and 177 is based on the bullet shapes use in the two calibres.

Most 22 plugs are made for measuring small bore targets with holes made by round nose 22LR projectiles, these holes measure smaller than the actual bullet diameter.

The 177 plug is obviously made for measuring match air rifle targets which are shot using flat nose wadcutter type pellets that cut a hole closer to the same size as the pellet.

A plug for a 20 cal air rifle pellet hole would need to be based on the style of pellets likely to be used, are there wadcutters made in 20 cal or just more conventional rounded style pellets ??

Bryce

The only wadcutter type 20 cal pellets that I know of are the old ash can pellets for the sheridans. The Rig 177 plug works fine in diablo type holes so I'm betting the standard 22 plug will work fine in the .20 hole.

Have we reached an official decision as to what sizes will be used?

Just finihed some plugs yesterday

I am going to test some plugs tonight and will have an offiical statement by Weds

Back