Cooper M22

N

NebrVandal

Anyone have suggestions for rings & bases for a Cooper Model 22 Varminter?

Thx.
Steve

I change my Cooper factory supplied bases (whether Talley or Leupold) to Warne bases, they are a steel Weaver style base, I prefer the Burris Signature Zee rings (the ones with the synthetic inserts) they minimize the potential for marring a scopes finish and match the Cooper rifle finish quite well. The Zee ring is also available for the Leupold adjustable base that us available also but I just never cared for that style of base.

The best part of the Warne base and Burris rings is that I can keep more than one scope mounted for the rifle and when I change them if I alternate tightening the scopes usually only requires a minor adjustment to point of aim.

Also when using the Burris rings and Warne bases and installing a new scope the scope usually only requires minimal adjustments.

drover

The Nightforce manual strongly suggests NOT using any dovetail type mounts especially those with a windage screw on the rear base. My Cooper came with the Leupold (dovetail type) bases. I changed to Warne because Nightforce recommended either Warne or Talley bases and rings. I needed the ultra-high rings to mount the 56 mm Nightforce.

Yup, the Nightforce is too big for the little Cooper. I use the Nightforce 8-32X for load development on any number of different rifles. The Cooper will be wearing a Zeiss Conquest.

US Optics (for one) sells a picatinny for Coopers. I think Ken Farrell also does...check him out at KenFarrell.com

I`ve only seen one cooper in my life and it was in a 17hmr.I`d love to shoot one but I`m afraid it would be worse than drugs and I would have to spend a house payment or two on one.Are they really that nice?I mean they are beautifull but how about everything else?

No they are not that nice.

Oh mine has a slick action ,but just an ok trigger.The group they send with the rifle was fired at 47 yards. My AR-15 can produce same size group at that range. If I had to do it over I think I'd look at a Sako . But you say you want a rimfire ? Oh no doubt Coopers depending on grade wood or what model can really look awesome.I mean so beautiful there wicked. I know others who say the same as I . I think I'd consider trading mine,I love it but some times its a headache. Mine is chambered in 22-250 AI. Thin stock forearm has to be rested just right or its flier city.

Back