Container for Wind Flags

jim

I have a set of (3) Northwind wind flags and am looking for some type of sturdy container to transport them to/from the range - would appreciate any advice on what would work well.

Thanks

I have a new set of Graham flags that are looking to a storage box.
A box design and construction is on the schedule as the next project in my wood shop.
Not any help to you now, but something will be coming.
Hopefully others can post some ideas for us.

I use a inexpensive shotgun take down case, you know the hard case ones that are about 36" long. I took the foam out of one side.

case.jpgcase.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a plastic stack-on tool box (23") and some 1.5" thick foam.
Lightweight and easy to transport.
It can fit 5 flags and a box for my pivots.

case1-1_zps55b9c018.jpg

case2-1_zpsbb82b9ae.jpg

case3-1_zpscb27e329.jpg

Speaking of wind flags I just got a set of the old school wick wind flags from Ray Hill and Bob; let me tell you guys something I am so glad he brought these back. Their craftsmanship is second to none, he makes them just like the where mint be, they are threaded on the ends so you can take the whirly gigs off for easy travel the stands are very sturdy but light and the best thing they backs everything they make so take a look at all the flags they make I have a set of everything he sales .very nice people Great to do business with your ARA friend Joe Chacon

I decided to buy a tool box and finish the interior to house my flags, rather than make one from scratch.
I found this one at Home Depo for $20.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...one+touch+tool+box&storeId=10051#.UOl_6-SAFNo
I like the feature of lifting the latch and the lid comes right up....no fumbling with multiple latches and another effort to open the lid.
I can carry this down range with posts under the free arm. One flip and there is the flag smiling at me.
I'll post pics of the interior finish when complete.

Back