Component availablity

Al Nyhus

"It'll never work!"
Was glad to see some more components at my local shop today....N120, N133, Federal 205M and 210M primers on the shelf with extra stock in the back room. Even a goodly supply of Lapua cases...223, 22-250, 6BR, 243, 308, 6.5X47 and a gaggle of 338 Lapua.

Now if the pipelines would just get filled up with H4198 and Benchmark, lots of guys would be in pretty good shape.

Good shootin'. -Al

supplies

I still dontsee much online. I look at midway,bronells, powder valley every day and they might have something but not much. Ive been looking for some n150 for a long time and I cuold have bought 8 lbs. of it and I didnt. Wished I had now. Doug

The supply is slowly coming back, now if the prices will just settle down some. I refuse to pay the current prices on a lot of the stuff out there now, if other folks would quit the prices would normalize

dream on stan
as long as there is demand more than supply , prices will stay above "normal"( THERE WILL BE A NEW HIGHER NORMAL in the future).... i can wait on most items but did have to buy 205m's.....

The supply is slowly coming back, now if the prices will just settle down some. I refuse to pay the current prices on a lot of the stuff out there now, if other folks would quit the prices would normalize

dream on stan
--- prices will stay above "normal"( THERE WILL BE A NEW HIGHER NORMAL in the future)....

Yep! This bit me pretty hard this time around. I've had "banic" fatigue after eight years of Obama, primers were back to about twice what they used to be, and I was buying, but not really replenishing my stock, then Covid, then Biden.... I see some loaded ammo hitting the shelves again, but components are always farther down the road and we're just going to have to get used to whatever the 'new normal' in price is going to be.

GsT

well

dream on stan
as long as there is demand more than supply , prices will stay above "normal"( THERE WILL BE A NEW HIGHER NORMAL in the future).... i can wait on most items but did have to buy 205m's.....

6 odd TRILLION dollars was created out of thin air by our politicians over the last year and a half. Anyone who thinks that isn't the inflation driver is nuts.

6 odd TRILLION dollars was created out of thin air by our politicians over the last year and a half. Anyone who thinks that isn't the inflation driver is nuts.

sorry..not here.
this is caused by what people are willing to pay.
2 panics ago when primers went to $100 per k...MANUFACTURES SAW THAT, and when supplies returned to normal, prices did not...they went up about $10 per k...from 25 to 35...actually a steep jump. same was true of wholesale prices....i am not predicting any price...just more than when it all started....remember this time primers went to 200 and more per k.

....remember this time primers went to 200 and more per k.

You can buy 205M and 210M from two different places right now....today...in my little town on the Northern Plains for $79.95/1000.

I might have done just that earlier in the day. ;) -Al

primers _should_ be at about $18-$20/1000 driven by market forces........ here we are discussing paying 4 times that, a 400% increase in a couple years, and we're happy to pay it....just happy to be here........cuz we're old and rich

our children and grandchildren are doomed to a life of endless British-style suck

primers _should_ be at about $18-$20/1000 driven by market forces........ here we are discussing paying 4 times that, a 400% increase in a couple years, and we're happy to pay it....just happy to be here........

I don't know about that. After picking up primers today, I grabbed up two tickets to one my daughter's dance performances....that was $78. Figure another $40 for coffees, a couple desserts and a tip afterwards.

- 1,000 primers @ $79.95 = lots of shooting fun (priceless)
- Dance tickets, etc @ $100 plus= lots of fun (equally priceless)

Good shootin' -Al

i think that is a dream that will likely not come true.
when i first started loading i bought all my gear at a SAVON grocery/general sells store in idaho falls. aprox 1971..no idea how little i paid. my first 1k purchase was in 1996 at 10-12 per k ,colorado. small increases to about 15 and a pallet price of 6/k( aprox 3200 k).
then the jump 20-22 oboma. then to 35 the last time.
i do not believe $80 will be the number. so not impressed by one store in the far nor'east.
only time will tell, well time and bs being dumped on us by the current "elected" officials.

primers _should_ be at about $18-$20/1000 driven by market forces........ here we are discussing paying 4 times that, a 400% increase in a couple years, and we're happy to pay it....just happy to be here........cuz we're old and rich

our children and grandchildren are doomed to a life of endless British-style suck

i do not believe $80 will be the number. so not impressed by one store in the far nor'east.

The Northern Plains (South Dakota, specifically) isn't exactly the "...far nor'east". :rolleyes:

The $79.95 pricing wasn't at "...one store". Two (2) stores. A bigger outlet and a great locally owned store.

Al
It can get pretty cold here too but more are coming than going. If I ever get back to Minnesota again I would like to stop for a short visit.

Mort

About November, I start thinking about moving, myself.

Then I remember how our Winter weather keeps the riff-raff moving South and a warm, fuzzy feeling comes over me. -Al

I must some serious riff -raff then,living on the Gulf Coast

I noticed Wednesday

when I stopped by a shop that usually keeps a good supply of powder they had more on the shelf. Didn't have anything I was looking for but nevertheless - - - -. They had 10 or a dozen pounds of RE 15 for instance. I hadn't seen any of it there all summer.

Pete

Back