CNC lathe for thread and more

R

R.DesJardin

Well I used a CNC lathe for the first time on a barrel chamber job, well all but the chambering anyway. I used it for turning the tenon, threading it, chamfering it, and cutting the bolt nose relief and recessed crowning of the muzzle. I have to say it did work out pretty good. The threading is what was nice, no worry about bumping the shoulder. That part always makes me nervous even though I've always had good luck threading on a manual lathe.
It's a Lawton LA Sporter receiver, Rem detachable mag., 30-06, used a Shilen .30-12 hvy sporter. It's for my son-in-laws birthday, cut it to 26". Now to do the finish work on the stock and metal coating.

More CNC this time mill

Well I carried on the CNC with marking the caliber using my CNC mill, then I made a custom scope base. Now I need to get everything finish blued and coated.
IMGP1141.jpg

IMGP1139.jpg

IMGP1143.jpg

Deleted some of the clutter and reinstated your post...

Was gone the whole weekend and "petrified" to see what happened to your thread. I deleted most of the posts and brought the thread back. If you prefer to leave the thread deleted just holler back and it's gone.

Very, very sorry that happened....

Wilbur

Thanks

I figured most of the content ruined my project so I stopped it. Glad to see it back. Son-in-laws birthday is coming soon so he'll be surprised that it's not just a bought '06.
With a CNC mill at home it's nice to be able to add personality to things.

Back