Chargemaster issues

REMY

Hi and Merry Cristmass to everyone,over the past few years i have used my RCBS charge master and its served me well, ive been happy with it. however lately when for example i weigh 29.0 gns and when it slows up to 28.8 or so and gets to the trickel stage it just makes that typical trickel sound but the exit tube does not turn and complete the charge, this did start a while back but lately has got worse , nearly every charge, has anyone experianced this.
There was a thread about reprograming the RCBS CM. was this issue also part of this.

Thank's, Remy

Hi and Merry Cristmass to everyone,over the past few years i have used my RCBS charge master and its served me well, ive been happy with it. however lately when for example i weigh 29.0 gns and when it slows up to 28.8 or so and gets to the trickel stage it just makes that typical trickel sound but the exit tube does not turn and complete the charge, this did start a while back but lately has got worse , nearly every charge, has anyone experianced this.
There was a thread about reprograming the RCBS CM. was this issue also part of this.

Thank's, Remy

After the holidays call the RCBS help number and get someone to walk you through reprogramming it to a cartridge capacity you use most.

The Chargemaster has 3 steps (speeds) it goes through based on a fraction of the charge dialed in. For example, if you are throwing a 60 grain charge the high speed step will run longer than it would for a 30 grain charge. Same for the medium speed part then the trickle part. If you have it set for optimum time for a big charge it takes a different size dump than for a small charge.

The Chargemaster, though not perfect, is the best out there today.

Anyhoo, call RCBS and Merry Christmas.

Are you running it on batteries? Mine stops to trickle when the current gets to low!

The Chargemaster comes with a power converter fo reducing 120 VAC to 12 volts. They will operate, according to Don Legg of RCBS, safely on voltages from 8 volts to 15 volts. The 3 I have all run smoother on about 14 volts.

Hi,

I noticed the same thing happening to me with my chargemaster the other night. Never happened before, but I did do one thing differently and that was I reloaded on a different table and I plugged the unit into a long extension cord.

I just now finished reloading 20 shells with the unit plugged directly into the outlet and it worked like normal.

I didn't want to comment until I tested it without the extension cord. So if you are using an extension cord, that might be the source of your problem.

Bill McIntyre

Hi , thanks for your reply Bill , infact i noticed this with a battery supply but does the same on direct power outlet so i contacted RCBS about this and as soon as i get this fixed i will post about this. Im still waiting on a reply from RCBS.

Happy Newyear to all,:)

Remy if rcbs recommends you to send the chargemaster back to them make sure you set it back to factory specks. I don't know if you bought your chargemaster new or used. If you got it used the person you got it from could have altered the speed on your unit. Or if you have changed the speed on your unit set it back to factory specks before you send it back to them, rcbs dont like the idea of anyone changing the speed on their units. I just live a few miles from rcbs and I have a few friends that work there, that's what they recommended me to do if I ever sent my unit back to them

Hi , thankyou Gabe, i got my charge master new and never did anytrhing to it other then use it normally , could temp. be a factor ?

:)

gabe ledesma;788808 if you have changed the speed on your unit set it back to factory specks before you send it back to them said:
Since the Chargemaster 1500 came out in about 2005 I have worked with the RCBS tech support manager and he and I have tried several reprograamming ideas. The guy I deal with, (Don L) is big into trying different ideas. But, I've never sent one back, always worked out different scenarios over the phone. None of the 3 I have ever had function issues, just trying to get the most accurate speed drops where the unit shifts from high to medium then to trickle.

Hi , thankyou Gabe, i got my charge master new and never did anytrhing to it other then use it normally , could temp. be a factor ?

:)
Remy I personally don't think that it's a temp factor but I could be wrong. I have never had a problem with my unit. Like jerry said get on the horn with rcbs and see if there is a sequence you can follow to reprogram your unit. The tecks at rcbs are nice people to deal with. Rcbs 1 800 533 5000

Charge master issues

I used a chargemaster for three years before I encountered an issue that could not be resolved by reprograming. I have since sent 4 charge masters back for replacement. I have fond them to be temperature sensitive. below 65 degrees they become erratic.
If you turn the unit on and the numbers just start continuously counting it is time to replace your unit.
Nat Lambeth

Back