Case neck prep before bullet seating

338lm

After your brass has been fired, what exactly do you guys do to the inside of your case necks to prep them for the next load? I have brushed the inside of the necks a few times with a nylon brush, and I have also brushed the inside of the case necks with a bronze bristle bore brush. Should I be brushing the inside of the necks at all? Or do you leave all the carbon left inside the neck after firing, and seat another bullet in it?
Also when you seat your bullets, do you seat them dry, or do you put a little sizing wax or lube on the inside of the necks before you seat the bullets?
Thanks in advance.

In my experience lubing the case neck is very detrimental to accuracy. I have found passing a nylon brush in and out manually about 4 times works well .I tried bronze as well but nylon seems to work better in my experience. Most of my shooting is 500-1000 yards. I would be interested in hearing from others on this as well....

My bronze bore brushes (at least some of them) go on to be my case neck brushes. I run one in and out of case necks about twice.

Yes, clean the necks inside with a stroke or two of a brush of some kind - no lube. If your necks become older and won't hold a bullet, you can quit doing that and may just get through the agg. Not a big deal at all!

Lubing the neck or bullet could be a big deal. Don't know - never did that...

We experimented years back putting imperial on a bullet just what you have on your fingers from sizing. It made awful groups and you could just do one bullet and pick it out of a 10 shot group very easily

Back