Bullet Bearing surface comparator

shoerjbh10

Bearing surface comparator

I was wondering if anyone is using the David Tubbs or the new Sinclair bullet sorting stand
Better yet has anyone had an opportunity to do a comparison?

Also if anyone has used the new Sinclair bullet sorting stand, will it raise high enough to allow you to check overall length of a loaded round as you can with Tubbs version?

Does the speed and/or accuracy make them worth the price?

Thanks
John

Last edited:
Looks like there are at least two Johns interested in bearing Surface Comparators.

I just want to know which is the best for checking Bullets.

Has nobody any experiance with these devices?

Thanks, John

Looks like a new twist on an old idea.
6nxn4n.jpg

2pywb9s.jpg

Bill

SINCLAIR Bullet Comparator Stand

I have the New Sinclair Stand and use it for a variety of checks, but have substituted an electronic .0001" Indicator for the supplied dial indicator.

I've measured thousands and thousands of bullets for bearing surface and I'd still be months behind if I were using Sinclairs or Tubbs system. They are nice units and give accurate reads but are far too slow. The Stoney Point tool in the above picture is way faster and after some practice, you can get very good accuracy from it. It's also much cheaper! Best and most important tool in my loading box for under $40.;)

Logic tells me

that the comparitors that sit on a Granite plate and use a fixed, movable indicator should be more accurate. Having said that, something is better than nothing :).

Back