Bukys TSI scope mount system

JonathanK

I recently purchased a 40x frozen Leupold scope with the TSI scope mount system. I know many of you are shooting, or have shot this setup. I am looking for some advise on the adjustments. Which locking screw do you prefer the spring loaded bushing screw or the regular screw? Do you guys lock the set screws on the the elevation and windage all the time or is it not needed? I know its probably personal preference, but Id like to know how others are using theirs.
Thanks,
Jonathan K

I have two of them, which I don't use very much. I shoot Score and the mounts, while probably ok for Groupers, are not as easy to use as say the Brackney Mounting System, which I have one of. The biggest issue for me is the elevation adjustment. A friend made some hex head screws for me to use in mine. I am able to use an 8MM opened wrench to adjust them. I find them to be cumbersome all the same. Another issue I have is the adjusting screws eventually wear the metal they ride on , which may become a problem in time. Other than that, What's not to like?

One can buy nylon tipped set screws and this might be a super application for them. I got one for my Brackney tensioner and it works nice.

Hi Jonathan

I do not like to change horizontal POI on a 100/200 scope, but thats just me. So when I shot the TSI mount, I just set the still-air zero for windage where I wanted it once and left it locked there. Then I adjusted an inch or so for vertical whenever I moved from 100 to 200. I would let off the screw that locked the vertical adjustment (round headed screw on the top of the mount), then dialled from the bottom to the top of the mothball of the 200 target (and the same in reverse to go from the 200 back to the 100 setting). The TSI mount is just a little slower and less precise to dial in than a click adjustable scope, and you dont want to be caught between yardages without your hex head wrench.

Back