Build suggestions for a RF BR rifle

Thinking of doing one. What components do you suggest?
Thanks

Since he’s also in your neighborhood, you could do a lot worse than a Stiller 2500X. They work flawlessly without tinkering.
You might also check to see if he’d do the barrel fitting and/ or complete build. Right now barrels have been somewhat tough but Paul is ramping up to get more Mullers out the door.

build suggestions for a RF BR rifle

Try a V22s vudoo w/ flavio trigger, muller barrel, ROtex stock and ezell tuner.

Vudoo in match

Club match, been beat by two and beat them. They will shoot in the hands that know how to select ammo.

Club match, been beat by two and beat them. They will shoot in the hands that know how to select ammo.

earlm,

Is there a chance these guys shooting the Vudoos may show up at Wilson's range in Indiana, Pa this year.

That would be a good place to showcase these new BR rifles into sanctioned matches. It is a small range with a small crowd of very friendly shooters.

TKH

There’s a V22S specific thread at SH, that would be a good place to ask that question. I’m hoping to see a few this season.

There’s a V22S specific thread at SH, that would be a good place to ask that question. I’m hoping to see a few this season.

I am aware of the thread on SH. I've posted match schedules and website addresses of where to find the schedules but have had little luck getting responses.

I was thinking if you know these guys perhaps you could encourage them to come to some of our matches.

Sorry Butch, I'll get out of your thread now.

TKH

Has anyone ever use a vudoo in a bench match.

Hal

There seem to be a couple so far with performance that was not bad, several coming out this year so it should be pretty interesting.
It should be remembered, seems the majority are going out to guys relatively new to BR which is a good thing but I suspect results may be all over the map for a while.

I am aware of the thread on SH. I've posted match schedules and website addresses of where to find the schedules but have had little luck getting responses.

I was thinking if you know these guys perhaps you could encourage them to come to some of our matches.

TKH

Your good Mr. Harper. I've decided which direction that I want to follow.

There seem to be a couple so far with performance that was not bad, several coming out this year so it should be pretty interesting.
It should be remembered, seems the majority are going out to guys relatively new to BR which is a good thing but I suspect results may be all over the map for a while.

You are correct, out of the 5 I already build, 4 of them are for guys with very little experience in benchrest, and they only shoot local ABRA matches, Myself and a couple of other guys will start shooting ARA matches, but still local matches within 4 to 5 hours drive, maybe sometime will make one of the big ones.
Evelio.

You are correct, out of the 5 I already build, 4 of them are for guys with very little experience in benchrest, and they only shoot local ABRA matches, Myself and a couple of other guys will start shooting ARA matches, but still local matches within 4 to 5 hours drive, maybe sometime will make one of the big ones.
Evelio.

So Evelio, since you , I know, have a solid RF track record building guns, if I might ask, other than some tinkering with the various springs supplied, have you found the actions require anything at all to suit your tastes?

So Evelio, since you , I know, have a solid RF track record building guns, if I might ask, other than some tinkering with the various springs supplied, have you found the actions require anything at all to suit your tastes?

Well as far as the springs, I am using the 15 lbs. spring with no FTF , and very consistent indent in the case.
Besides that, the more I shoot it, the more I like it, specially how easy it is to operate the bolt, just like butter.
Now to be honest ( MB may not like this ) but if you open the bolt slow and easy, the cases will drop right on the loading tray, you have to work the bolt all the way back to hit the ejector to get a 100% extraction. In all other RF actions that I have my hands on, both the extractor, and what I call the keeper, they have a hook on the end, more pronounced on the extractor than the keeper, in the Vudoo, the extractor has a nice hook, but the keeper has a flat side, which will allow the case to fall off if the bolt is not pulled fast enough to hit the ejector in the loading tray.
Now talking about the loading tray, I have to say, that I have never own a gun that you can drop a round on the tray, and it will guide it straight in without any missalignment. The design and location of the loading tray in the V22S is perfect, you can drop that round on it, and the bolt will push it in perfectly lined up.
I really love it.
Evelio.

TKH

Tony,
The best way I know to find out exactly how good a product is, is to use it yourself. Letting someone tell you how good/bad something is, or watching some else's results, can skew the true capability of the product.

Well as far as the springs, I am using the 15 lbs. spring with no FTF , and very consistent indent in the case.
Besides that, the more I shoot it, the more I like it, specially how easy it is to operate the bolt, just like butter.
Now to be honest ( MB may not like this ) but if you open the bolt slow and easy, the cases will drop right on the loading tray, you have to work the bolt all the way back to hit the ejector to get a 100% extraction. In all other RF actions that I have my hands on, both the extractor, and what I call the keeper, they have a hook on the end, more pronounced on the extractor than the keeper, in the Vudoo, the extractor has a nice hook, but the keeper has a flat side, which will allow the case to fall off if the bolt is not pulled fast enough to hit the ejector in the loading tray.
Now talking about the loading tray, I have to say, that I have never own a gun that you can drop a round on the tray, and it will guide it straight in without any missalignment. The design and location of the loading tray in the V22S is perfect, you can drop that round on it, and the bolt will push it in perfectly lined up.
I really love it.
Evelio.

Mine also loads accurately. A spring loaded ball bearing contacts the case just before the bullet enters the chamber and aligns it parallel, then retracts for the rim to pass over it.. How does the V22 accomplish this?

Thanks,

Gerry

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_095600605.jpg
    IMG_20210410_095600605.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:
i am aware of the thread on sh. I've posted match schedules and website addresses of where to find the schedules but have had little luck getting responses.

Sorry butch, i'll get out of your thread now.

Tkh
built 2 rim fires short shoot like no tommorow later chambered 2 center for rimfire and shot same told bill meyers of viriga he did and said same.

Mine also loads accurately. A spring loaded ball bearing contacts the case rim just before the bullet enters the chamber and aligns it parallel. How does the V22 accomplish this?

Thanks,

Gerry

Walther?? What kind of scores will that thing shoot?

Back