Bud Pryor Memorial

David Halblom

Flying Fish Fundamentals
I have it on good (Dick) information that the Bud is NOT full. Where are all the 2 gun shooters? Don't forget that there is the Flying Fish Fundamentals Challenge again this year. I realize that the winner does not make enuf to pay off the National debt, but you do get the bragging rights and your name on the traveler trophy any more than enough winning cash to offset the entry fee and buy a steak and a scotch. What more do you want?

Well...

I have it on good (Dick) information that the Bud is NOT full. Where are all the 2 gun shooters? Don't forget that there is the Flying Fish Fundamentals Challenge again this year. I realize that the winner does not make enuf to pay off the National debt, but you do get the bragging rights and your name on the traveler trophy any more than enough winning cash to offset the entry fee and buy a steak and a scotch. What more do you want?

Bill S, Pete and I will be there to try our hand. My hunter gun is grouping like a lawn sprinkler but I hope to have that figured out by next weekend. It sure is a pretty gun to look at though.

Greg

I wouldn't use last weekend as any judge of grouping ability of your gun. No one had a gun grouping last week! That Damariscotta breeze was good for the full eight inches of target and then some. Randy J.

Randy,

I wouldn't use last weekend as any judge of grouping ability of your gun. No one had a gun grouping last week! That Damariscotta breeze was good for the full eight inches of target and then some. Randy J.

relay 2 I was holding well into the TARGET FRAME on the right hand side of the target. Damariscotta sucks! :)

Hey Randy,

I could probably fit you out with a proper 6 Power rifle if you would like to try your hand at the 2 gun game. ;)

It's all in the wrist

relay 2 I was holding well into the TARGET FRAME on the right hand side of the target. Damariscotta sucks! :)

There was realy only about 5" of unpredictable movement if one watched the right flag combination and probes. The problem is, with all those berms there, it is not possible to place enough flags and probes to read everything.

Dick--It would have been great if you could have made it. I knew I had a chance at winning when I heard you weren't coming.

Pete--I would love to try it and may take you up on your offer sometime. Right now I am unable to get to the Bud. One of these years, I will (three years and counting)!

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Randy J.

On 3 years & counting - - -

Dick--It would have been great if you could have made it. I knew I had a chance at winning when I heard you weren't coming.

Pete--I would love to try it and may take you up on your offer sometime. Right now I am unable to get to the Bud. One of these years, I will (three years and counting)!

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Randy J.

I'll go way out on a limb and predict you won't have any problems with it when you get there. :D

Any time on the 6 X Randy. I have a nice little 30 BR I can fix you up with.

Randy...

Nothing wrong with a good woosie chambering. Randy J.

you just don't get it. Hunter gun (6x) shooting is about touching off something that makes your eyeballs roll half way back in their sockets, gives you a black and blue shoulder, knocks your glasses off your nose and sends you home with a dull headache...in other words shooting a rifle you know is a rifle. The other 6x class is powder puff!!

Greg

I get it. I also get masochist and don't want any part of that either! Randy J.

I still have a full .308 barrel here for my Hunter gun and some 166 gr bullets. load thar up with varget and you will know what fun is.
If any of you want to use it your welcome to it.:D

???????

you just don't get it. Hunter gun (6x) shooting is about touching off something that makes your eyeballs roll half way back in their sockets, gives you a black and blue shoulder, knocks your glasses off your nose and sends you home with a dull headache...in other words shooting a rifle you know is a rifle. The other 6x class is powder puff!!

Jeez,
I must be doing something wrong then!!! :eek:
Scott G

He's a WIMP Dick

Wow Greg
You really make it sound like such fun !

It only takes about two years to acquire a taste for a full 308 with an "alumeum", as a dear friend in New Brunswick use to say it, plate on the butt. Once one gets past the two year mark it's like single malt Scotch. :p

Last edited:
Dick..

Wow Greg
You really make it sound like such fun !

it is...as long as I remember to bend over and tape my rather short nose to my left cheek to keep it from interfering with the scope ocular as it races back in the bag after one of those .308 mini bombs goes off.

Back