Breaking up is hard to do:

Pete Wass

I finally am getting caught up with magazines and ran across an article in Jaunary Shooting Illustrated, Breaking Up is Hard To Do. Very enlightening. Interesting that Remington with all it's equipment, buildings, museum, etc sold for $13 M and the first guns they planned to run after receiving their license, the 870! It was also an eye opener that Remington Ammunition sold for $81,4 M. Guess that tells us where the money is in the gun business. Also Marlin selling for $30.1 Million to Ruger was a surprise. In my minds eye, I would have thought Remington far more valuable than Marlin. So why is this so, that Marlin was so much more valuable than Remington? Is it Brand Loyalty? Is it lingering law issues or union issues? I'd be interested to learn why if anyone knows.

Thanks,

Pete

Hummm<

Maybe the Remington part was carrying most of the debt.

Would the debt extend to a buyer in a bankruptcy? I don't know but it doesn't sound like the the way things would go without the buyer accepting it. I'd think it more likely a Brownfield situation at the plant grounds but don't know any details.

Pete

I don't know much about bankruptcies. Business school was a long time ago and I was mostly interested in finding some marriageable female-type student to date.

I'm thinking that the Remington brand is the part most likely to incur lawsuits, but again, I don't know how bankruptcy affects that.

Back