Brass for .221 Fireball & 222 Rem

Joe Entrekin

I'm waiting on a couple of rifles to arrive in the subject calibers. Would greatly appreciate recommendations as to which brass is best for each caliber & best place to get it. I know this isn't a benchrest question, but sorta remember some past threads about these calibers on this forum. Posted it to the factory & hybrid forum also.Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

For the .222 you have a limited number of choices.
R-P
Norma
RWS
WW
Federal

The Norma may be good, but costs $80+ per hundred, the R-P and WW are about $25 per hundred. People talk highly about the RWS, but I have no experience with it. I use the WW. It is pretty good especially if you are not setting the world on fire and are on a budget.

Good luck, Peter.

I am hoping that the advent of the new 17 Fireball will help the brass situation. You could easily neck the 17 up to 20 or 22, I think.

I'm waiting on a couple of rifles to arrive in the subject calibers. Would greatly appreciate recommendations as to which brass is best for each caliber & best place to get it. I know this isn't a benchrest question, but sorta remember some past threads about these calibers on this forum. Posted it to the factory & hybrid forum also.Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

I use Lapua .222 brass for both the 221 fb and the .222
I just take 222 lapua brass,run it through a .221 fl sizing die and trim to length.
The RWS brass is very good,it is a bit harder that norma and lapua.
n-120 and AA-1680 has no peers in the .221 fireball.

Roger, have you tried Lil' Gun powder in the 221? Looks good in the charts. It has turned out to be absolutely the best powder in my K-Hornet with 40 V-max.

Rws?

Guys please!
Where can you buy 222 Rem cases from RWS?

//Rolf

221 fireball

Joe, I use Reminginton 221 brass I have new unprimed if you can't find any and 100 factory loaded rem 221. The 221 fireball shoots N-130 with incredible from factory guns. 222 brass HA go find it Dave and I bought every last piece of lapua we could find. I didn't want a brass issue. Call me or Dave if you need any. Dean

Rolf, Others say Huntington's. I have checked their page. They do carry the RWS products, but I do not see the .222 listed unless they are referring to it by metric dimensions. I would suggest that you give them a call. It seems like a logical place to start. Please keep us posted. Good luck, Peter.

Nope.

Hi Peter
They have RWS brass but not the 222 Rem. I`ll give them a call and ask if they can find some.

//Rolf

Roger, have you tried Lil' Gun powder in the 221? Looks good in the charts. It has turned out to be absolutely the best powder in my K-Hornet with 40 V-max.

No i have not ,i use it in a .410 skeet loads,i'll try it in the .221,the N-120 was the best going but they stopped making it and AA-1680 is also very good.
I might try lil-gun in my hornet.

Back