Bob Barnhart 750-60X at Salem

Renegade

We shot our monthly 3-Gun and UL matches at Salem today. Turnout was a little low due to family obligations for some of our regulars. We had 5 shooters for the 3-Gun match and Bob Barnhart, who was working about 100 miles west of us and decided to stop by to see if he could get the 3 more 250's he need for the UL scoreline, made 6 for the UL match. Conditions were about as good as it gets, temps in the mid 80's, low humidity and light but switchy winds.

Pete Roberson won the Sporter target, Bob Griffin won the 10.5 with a new-to-him gun, and I won the 13.5lb target and the 3-gun. Then came the UL match, and the Salem crew got schooled by Bob Barnhart with the rifle he was trying to sell up till last week. If you were thinking about buying that rifle and didn't...you screwed up! Bob shot 250-22X, 250-18X, 250-20X to win all three targets, the match, and fill in the last three 250's on his scoreline. Pete took second with a 740-35X and I was third with the same score with Pete edging me out by 2 X's on the tiebreaker. Thanks for the lesson, Bob, and hope you can stop by Salem again sometime!

Thanks again to Pete for helping with the scoring and Fred for helping with setup and teardown!! Couldn't do it without you guys!!
Complete results attached.

View attachment Salem UL 7-10-11.xlsView attachment Salem 3-Gun, 7-10-11.xls

Rem. 40X, Benchmark 2 groove smithed by Davis, Eley Black Box on the first target, Lapua on the second, not sure but I think back to Eley on the third. Doesn't really matter, it was some darn nice shooting!

Bob Barnhart, CONGRATULATIONS on some FINE SHOOTING. It was a pleasure meeting you and to shoot with you. Hope to shoot with you again in the future. You really showed us how it is done.

Todd and Pete, another nice match and great time. Thank You.

Thanks guys,that old gun practically shoots it self. It was nice to get to meet the Salem crew,real good guys,it's a real nice place to shoot, and eat! Congrats to the 3 gun winners, hope to make it again. oh and that was 12 tgt, not 12 250s. Bob.

Back