Best Way To Clean A Panda

KEITH MYERS

As we all know after time,Pandas start looking a little grungy from our grubby hands. What it the best way to clean them without having to bead blast them?

I would try...

Mother's aluminum cleaner. It is made for aluminum wheels, but works just as well on Pandas. James

I saw a documentry on Pandas on Discovery channel and it looked like they used a thing that looked like a broom, with a bucket of foamy water to give them a bath. I dont know much about them, but I,m sure that if you tried to sand blast a Panda, it woud stop eating bamboo and try to eat you.

i saw a documentry on pandas on discovery channel and it looked like they used a thing that looked like a broom, with a bucket of foamy water to give them a bath. I dont know much about them, but i,m sure that if you tried to sand blast a panda, it woud stop eating bamboo and try to eat you.
:eek::p

Last edited:
I saw a documentry on Pandas on Discovery channel and it looked like they used a thing that looked like a broom, with a bucket of foamy water to give them a bath. I dont know much about them, but I,m sure that if you tried to sand blast a Panda, it woud stop eating bamboo and try to eat you.

I P______D my pants laughing at this.

I really don't know why you would want to kill a Panda :eek: but to each his own.

First you get a really sharp gutting and skinning knife. Then find a place that you can hang the poor little Panda from to bleed out.

Next get a large plastic bag to collect the offal.........

oh.....say.....do what ?????

Oh !!!! It's not that kind of Panda....oops ......sorry......:D

AS a Redneck hunter

I really don't know why you would want to kill a Panda :eek: but to each his own.

First you get a really sharp gutting and skinning knife. Then find a place that you can hang the poor little Panda from to bleed out.

Next get a large plastic bag to collect the offal.........

oh.....say.....do what ?????

Oh !!!! It's not that kind of Panda....oops ......sorry......:D

I laughed so hard I swallowed my Red Man. It almost turned me green.

Last edited:
Panda

Hey, Zombie Killer,
Flitz will take out that green ! :D

Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Panda cleaning...

Keith Myers...From your question,it's not clearly understood whether your Panda is matte finished or polished. I have used Blue Magic metal polish cream(automotive supply stores i.e.,Pep Boys,Advanced Discount Auto,etc) with success on 2 polished Panda's. Also,polished Kelbly matte rings with it.
When I was riding motorcycles,I used Simichrome(FANTASTIC stuff--IF you can find it). As for the matte finish,I don't know the best way to clean that porous finish...sorry. Good luck...good shooting....gpoldblue

Cleaning a Panda, Honest answer.

I'm not sure if some time a chemical reaction will make mine disappear? Hasnt in 2 years of cleaning. I use rubbing alcohol and a piece of old flannel shirt. Takes the dark spots off and works well on bolt ways and trigger guard. Mine is a bead blasted / matte finish. Wont hurt the paint on the stock. Works great on polished ss barrel and silver Weaver scopes. I am still laughing too.. You never know what kind of reply your going to get here ..
Andy B.

back on topic

Are panda actions anodised?

If they are, you don't want to use any abrasive.

You also need to avoid anything with strong alkalis in it (like washing soda, sodium hydroxide, bleech and floor cleaning detergents) as both alkalis and acids will eat aluminium.

I'd try alcahol, kerosene (the low odour stuff is a lot less obnoxious than home heating oil) or a mild detergent in warm water first, and an old toothbrush for any scrubbing.

NO, all the Kelbly aluminum

Are panda actions anodised?

If they are, you don't want to use any abrasive.

You also need to avoid anything with strong alkalis in it (like washing soda, sodium hydroxide, bleech and floor cleaning detergents) as both alkalis and acids will eat aluminium.

I'd try alcahol, kerosene (the low odour stuff is a lot less obnoxious than home heating oil) or a mild detergent in warm water first, and an old toothbrush for any scrubbing.

actions are bare aluminum. If you want an anodized aluminum action, you will have to buy a Stiller.

Everyone knows you can't do a job like this well, unless you use a really nasty smelling toxic chemical. That's why Quick Silver engine cleaner is my choice for this job. Otherwise known as butyl cellusolve.

Jim Carstensen

I guess you could use a very LONG handled brush and a garden hose, but I think I would just leave a bar of soap and a brush on the ground and hope for the best :)

Seriously, if you want to polish it without removing it from the stock, I would use "California Custom Purple Polish". I used to polish fuel tanks and rims on semi's and this stuff works great. It doesn't leave a black residue like most aluminum polishes do.

Back