Best Cleaning Vise

GregL

Grego
Can I please get recommendations for a good cleaning vise. I have a Tipton now and not at all satisfied with it, Does not seem sturdy enough to accommodate a BR rifle.

Thank'ee

I use the Tipton Best Gun vise and am satisfied with it.
I haven't used it, but the Tipton Ultra vise has great reviews. It is
Tipton top of the line vise.
Hawkeye Wizard

Last edited:
I don't think those are the better cleaning cradles...unless you're doing something other than cleaning.

I have the Tried and True Sinclair Cradle, mounted on the top of my BR Range Box and have multiple holders for it to accommodate different rifles. Those are Surf Casting Friction Rod Clips and the different cradle ends I have held with wing nuts on the back side of the box lid.

Bob

Attachments

• CLEANING CRADLE.jpg
    CLEANING CRADLE.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 269
  • CRADLE PART STORAGE.jpg
    CRADLE PART STORAGE.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 181
I don't think those are the better cleaning cradles...unless you're doing something other than cleaning.

I didn't buy it to use as a cleaning cradle, but it's so much better than any cleaning cradle I've used, that that's what I use now.

GsT

I didn't buy it to use as a cleaning cradle, but it's so much better than any cleaning cradle I've used, that that's what I use now.

GsT

I am assuming that we are talking about cleaning at a match, but for home use, I have a Versa-vise (or Parrot Vise) and some soft jaws that work really well for almost all my firearm holding needs, cleaning or otherwise. I also have the Bisley and I like it, but not as well as the Versa. For cleaning at the shooting range, but not under match protocol, I just clean at the bench supporting my rifle on my pedestal and rear bag.

Back