Benchrest Range and Match near Long Island

S

stevenorlando

Hello All!

I'm from Long Island, does anyone know of any matches near LI that have benchrest matches, or shoot benchrest.

I shoot rimfire benchrest, and I know of a range in Staten Island (Colonial something) but I don't have any other info.

Can someone please help me out?

Steve

Steve,
There is a guy on Long Island named "Vinnie" that I think shoots Benchrest. Maybe he will see this post and reply to you. I don't remember his handle or I would give it to you. You might also try Bob White(he advertises on this site). He is from the New York area and I'm sure he would know of anything going on in that area.
Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

I once went online and found a Benchrest Club on Long Island. There were pictures, etc and as I recall, they only shot Club events. It looked quite "upscale" as I recall with a Restaurant or dining facility, at least.

There are Score events being held in Southington, Ct as of late. Milke does a great job there. You can find his schedule on the IBS site.

Hello All!

I'm from Long Island, does anyone know of any matches near LI that have benchrest matches, or shoot benchrest.

I shoot rimfire benchrest, and I know of a range in Staten Island (Colonial something) but I don't have any other info.

Steve

Most folks who shoot organized Benchrest, in general, have to travel quite a lot and quite far to compete. Benchrest activity seems to be in small pockets all around the country. There are Rimfire Benchrest Matches held in Eden, New York; IR 50/50 I think. Also in Northhampton, Mass, Holbrook, Mass and Augusta Maine. There use to be some held in New Hampshire but they are on pause next year.

Stephen, it is my understanding that there is in fact a very nice Benchrest range on Long Island. Couldn't get folks interested in matches due to traffic and such. But there are a few shooters in the NY area. One is Frank Marks who lives on the Island. I'll look for some contact info...

I think Howie Levy runs some club matches on LI somewhere. I don't have any contact info for Mr. Levy (probably one of few times Howie has been referred to as such!).

jks

I think Howie Levy runs some club matches on LI somewhere. I don't have any contact info for Mr. Levy (probably one of few times Howie has been referred to as such!).

jks

As I understand it Jeff, all the workers at the "Institute" refer to Howie as Mr. Levy. Something about procedure...

Hello All!

Steve

I'm in East Northport and shoot close to every week out at the Brookhaven range. I've only seen one other shooter out there with a BR setup. I too would be interested in competing in a match. If you find out anything please email me alembo@optonline.net. Where do you live?

I'm in East Northport and shoot close to every week out at the Brookhaven range. I've only seen one other shooter out there with a BR setup. I too would be interested in competing in a match. If you find out anything please email me alembo@optonline.net. Where do you live?

I'm in East Northport, and I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Steve

I'm in East Northport, and I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Steve

hey neighbor, where do you shoot now? What kind of a setup do you have? I've got stock Remington 40X and Winchester 52D and my newest, an Anschutz 1913 in a Kelblys BR stock. The rest is a Hart Varmint with a Sinclair windage top and a Protektor mid ear rear bag. I know, definitely not "pro" equipment but I've only been doing this for about a year. The best I've ever shot was a 236 on a green meanie. Next year I really want to make inroads into compensating for the wind.

hey neighbor, where do you shoot now? What kind of a setup do you have? I've got stock Remington 40X and Winchester 52D and my newest, an Anschutz 1913 in a Kelblys BR stock. The rest is a Hart Varmint with a Sinclair windage top and a Protektor mid ear rear bag. I know, definitely not "pro" equipment but I've only been doing this for about a year. The best I've ever shot was a 236 on a green meanie. Next year I really want to make inroads into compensating for the wind.

I just have a biathaalon basic russian .22 gun with a Harris Bipod. The only benchrest I shoot right nonw is postal benchrest, since there are no ranges that have benchrest matches. I am a member of the Freeport club and shoot action shooting there. I shoot at Islip Town Range and shoot benchrest .22 Postal from 50Y. I also shoot bullseye in Smithtown.

I am on LIF as stevenorlando, and my email is: sorlando@sorlando.com

Steve

Back