Barrel Length

M

max.burgess

I'm building a 6.5 mm / 06 AI . What would be the best barrel length? Would a 28 or 30 inch barrel be better? Thanks

I was going to try shooting 600 & 1000 yards. I'm going to try the 140 gr Burger first .

The 17-lb LT-Gun weight limit gets hard to make when the barrels are longer.
Dependent on action/stock/scope, but typically much over 29" or so, weight can become and issue with the normal HV counter barrels that get used in LR-BR, that then fluting or special contours are needed. Plus there is balance issues to consider.

32" barrel, like Mike recommend is doable, but only from a VERY light build and scope, and/or with a special contour or fluted barrel.

For HV-Gun barrel length is not an issue, since there is no weight limit.

My 2-cents
Donovan

I'm building this on a 700 Remington . The scope will probably be a Sightron. The matches around hear are just shoot what you bring . Thanks for the help .

I would get a list of components and the weight of each and add it up. action, trigger, scope mount and rings, scope, stock and but plate or pad if you plan on that big of cal. and a barrel and brake. Now the part everybody forgets is weight in the back to balance it. I see no need for anything over 28" and a brake……. jim

Back