barrel bolt gap

i made a barrel for an UP action it has as a flat bolt i mad it with 0.08" gap . when slamming the bolt hard (empty chamber ) it hits the barrel
i can see the marking on the barrel ??? i never slammed a BR action so hard so i never saw marking on a barrel but i wanted to see if that thing was solid for PRS shooting
so a little gras on the boltface is maybe an option to no gal the bolt or barrel .

i installed a trigger tech diamond and when i slam it hard it slam fires ???(again empty chamber )

triggertech answer : whe now of some proplems sometime with Ultimatum precision deadline action

changed it wit a bix tacpro and no slamfire anymore .

need to try it wiht a round to see if i got the same problem then

Try it with an empty case first. The case will cushion the bolt upon closing and push it back to headspace on the lugs.

i made a barrel for an UP action it has as a flat bolt i mad it with 0.08" gap . when slamming the bolt hard (empty chamber ) it hits the barrel
i can see the marking on the barrel ??? i never slammed a BR action so hard so i never saw marking on a barrel but i wanted to see if that thing was solid for PRS shooting
so a little gras on the boltface is maybe an option to no gal the bolt or barrel .

i installed a trigger tech diamond and when i slam it hard it slam fires ???(again empty chamber )

triggertech answer : whe now of some proplems sometime with Ultimatum precision deadline action

changed it wit a bix tacpro and no slamfire anymore .

need to try it wiht a round to see if i got the same problem then

Only three things there to stop forward bolt travel..bbl tenon, bolt handle and the cocking piece/trigger sear. I suspect your problem is the latter. But..and it's a big one:p, you said .08. Is that what you meant? That is 80 thousandths of an inch and is far too much on any action I recall seeing. If you meant .008, it should be fine there.

It sticks out

If your bolt has an ejector it can stick out more then .008 and mark the back of the barrel. I don't see this as a problem. If you do have an ejector on the bolt try removing it and using a blue die or magic marker check to see if the bolt marks the barrel. If so then the previous post by Mike might be the answer. Also just closing the bolt normally rather then slamming it might give a more realistic answer.

Back