Bald Eagle Windage Top

Geronimo Jim

I have a left hand Bald Eagle rest....not the slingshot and would like to buy a windage top. I checked with Sinclair but they did not know if the top they sell will fit. Anyone out there have an idea?

They're fairly standard. I think the post size is whats important. If I recall, it's 3/4 inch. Quick check with your caliper should tell you plenty. DW

I just got to use the windage top

I have a left hand Bald Eagle rest....not the slingshot and would like to buy a windage top. I checked with Sinclair but they did not know if the top they sell will fit. Anyone out there have an idea?

that I bought from a guy who advertises here. I can't think of his name right now. He is in Maine. Was very helpfull, the price is good and the quality great. He also sent the correct thread for MY Bald Eagle. It is indeed 3/4". I'm at work now. I can check when I get home this evening. PM me if you havent worked things out yet. Oh yea. I think it's better than the Sinclair.

Tim Thompson
Hanover PA

Jim,

I've got two Bald Eagles. One has a 3/4" x 5 tpi acme thread and the other is a standard 3/4" x 10 tpi NC. Another difference between them is that the acme thread post is milled flat to the bottom of the thread on the side to create a surface for the end of the lock screw to press on. The 3/4" x10 tpi shaft has a 1/4" slot milled to the bottom of the thread depth and the end of its lock screw is turned down from its major dia. of 3/8" to fit the slot and prevent the screw from booggering the thread. If you get the correct shaft for your new top you'll be able to use your existing marineer's wheel and lock screw.

Greg

If you know someone with a lathe, you can use the post that you have. Take off the top and face off the bottom, drill and tap.

I have a Bald Eagle Sling Shot. I bought a Sinclair top and fits perfect.

Tim

Back