ARA Shooters?

750k2

Well it looks like we might? Finally get sanctioned matches maybe?
I picked up a 40X donor and am putting together a build sheet.
Looking for parameters for a list.
Stock material?
Rifle weight you prefer?
Barrel contours used?
I've read Mr. Davis retired so who are the 40X builders now?
I have the luxury of running a rebuilt Annie that will shoot OK till
I get all my parts together.
Just want some input?

Great bunch of shooters at Willow River. Don't be disappointed if they beat you for a while, they are real good. Lots of smiths can handle a 40X build and, because of the rules in ARA, most of your options are wide open. Talk to the smith you choose as to what he prefers and has the best luck with. I think Tenspot does a little work at Willow River, give him a call.

there are usually some proven used b/r rifles for sale right here. these rifles are usually owned by extremely good shooters still inconcuest for that perfect rifle and are willing to pay for it. i havent checked lately but i bet there are several on the classifieds right now waiting for a buyer.

if that doesnt work someone will pitch in with some very good smiths that are shooters butch hognisto comes to mind, gordon eck, of course bill calfee if you want to pay big bux. be prepared to wait and to pay for one to be built.

bob

just went and checked there is a 40x that has been gone through by gorhman a very very good b/r shooter. 2100.00 and i bet it would take 3000.00 or more to build it. its been lightly shot in ara matches.

there you go

bob

plus you can get it right away not a year wait

Here is all the secrets....
There are several different stock materials. All have won but take different techniques to bed. What the smith does the best job with is the best but what you prefer is most important because confidence in your equipment is most important.

There are several different barrel contours. All have won but take different tuning techniques. What the smith does the best job with is the best but what you prefer is most important because confidence in your equipment is most important.

There is a wide range of weights that can be used. Lighter is more expensive but all weights have won. What the smith does the best job with is the best but what you prefer is most important because confidence in your equipment is most important.

Now that you know all the secrets, make your own decision. Roger Brock is another great smith from this part of the country.

i would like to add does that smith build winnig rifles? if you are messing around with a smith who you think is good you might be wasting your money. if you go over the top shooters of the ara nationals you will some some smiths who build their own rifles and win with them.

best thing is learn what is going on in the shooting world and call some of these winning smiths that are shooters and yes i have seen roger brocks name in the winner column a very good shooter and smith and these are the guys you want to talk to. by the way if you think you are going to build your own rifle to compete with it wont happen.

dont waste your money

bob

bob

Back