anyone with barrel recomendations

Littlecooner

I am about to "pull the trigger" on ordering a Vudoo for top accuracy and the NRL22 game. What is the current idea on best brand of barrel for the order, Bartlein, Krieger, Lother walter, the "Ace" cut rifle barrel of Vudoo or what about a button rifle 5 R barrel from Shilen? Dang, so many options, and I can only order one barrel. what is the opinions?

I just had a Muller 4 MI installed on a Turbo V3 action and have only shot it twice. Today I shot a 248--15X on a IR-50 target in a switching 5 to 8 O'clock wind. The two minus ones were on me. Not enough hold off. I immediately adjusted my hold off shooting the same bull and scored a ten or an X. I think the barrel is going to shoot as good in the wind as a Shillen Ratchet barrel. However, I understand that a Shillen Ratchet is unobtainable at present.

I am about to "pull the trigger" on ordering a Vudoo for top accuracy and the NRL22 game. What is the current idea on best brand of barrel for the order, Bartlein, Krieger, Lother walter, the "Ace" cut rifle barrel of Vudoo or what about a button rifle 5 R barrel from Shilen? Dang, so many options, and I can only order one barrel. what is the opinions?

All of the barrels you mention will get the job done.

It maybe more important who chambers and fits the barrel than what brand it is. If your barrel is being fit by Vudoo then maybe that is a wash as well.

We all hope for the magical hummer barrel but if they exist at all, they are very rare.

When you get your contraption together no matter the format, the most important thing you can do for your success is to shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

Go to matches, as many as you can. One trip to a match will teach you more than a year of shooting at home by yourself.

TKH

All of the barrels you mention will get the job done.

It maybe more important who chambers and fits the barrel than what brand it is. If your barrel is being fit by Vudoo then maybe that is a wash as well.

We all hope for the magical hummer barrel but if they exist at all, they are very rare.

When you get your contraption together no matter the format, the most important thing you can do for your success is to shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

Go to matches, as many as you can. One trip to a match will teach you more than a year of shooting at home by yourself.

TKH

Wise words!
Can't agree more

Young feller, Shilen has never made a 5R barrel.

if your looking for top accuracy vudoo is your first mistake.

And you would know this exactly how?
As the OP said he is primarily shooting ELR, gun is well suited to that with good choice of drop in chassis to boot.

Since he sounds new and plenty of ways to go wrong getting top rate barrel fitted by the wrong guy, why not have them fit one of their choices, they fit decent barrels.

And you would know this exactly how?
As the OP said he is primarily shooting ELR, gun is well suited to that with good choice of drop in chassis to boot.

Since he sounds new and plenty of ways to go wrong getting top rate barrel fitted by the wrong guy, why not have them fit one of their choices, they fit decent barrels.

Tim, did you mean they fit decent barrels or they fit barrels decently? I know little about extreme long range rimfire and the same about Vudoo, but I do see that they offer Shilen Ratchet barrels, and I consider them to be a tad more than "decent".

Gerry

Tim, did you mean they fit decent barrels or they fit barrels decently? I know little about extreme long range rimfire and the same about Vudoo, but I do see that they offer Shilen Ratchet barrels, and I consider them to be a tad more than "decent".

Gerry

Gerry, IMHO, from what I’ve seen, both.
I have shot a couple repeaters and they shoot well above their pay grade.
Their BR offerings are still a bit of a work in progress were you pursuing a high end BR rig but this seems to be the sweet spot, if I was going this route, probably exactly what I’d do.

Back