Another action Question

W

wadevb1

Tore my 700 action apart and was preparing to send her off for a blueprint/bolt sleeve job. I decided I may as well do the job right and go custom action. I spent hours on this site as well as others and narrowed down my options. Before I make an order I thought I seek some opinions on the two finalists.

Stiller Predator or Nesika Bay (either round or hunter)

Rifle will be a hunting rifle but I'm seeking extreme accuracy. I hope to get sub-moa out to 600 yards. I will not shoot deer at that range but informal paper punching will be in order. I'm looking at staying with 300WM as I been reloading it for years.

I like the looks of the Nesika but could fund the barrel with the savings by going with the Stiller. Would I see any noticible difference in accuracy from a "hunting" rig between these two actions? Hunting rig will consist of McMillan stock, Heavy sporter Krieger barrel and conventional bedding. I hope to use a noted 'smith who builds 1k winning rifles.

I appreciate your time,

Wade

Wade

The 300 Win Mag will certainly shoot with just about any large capacity chamberings out there. Even in todays whiz bang world of M's, SM's, and WSSM's, the 300 Win Mag still has a big following.
As Stephen said, work with your Gunsmith. Jerry Stiller is a good friend, so I would have no problem recommending one of his actions. But, we have such a wide choice now days, it is hard to say "go with this"........jackie

Back