A question for Jackie Schmidt

V

vasquez3009

Mr Schmidt

In a recent thread discussion, you talked about the relationship between boattail bullets and cut rifled barrels. Your experience with N133 was of particular interest.

Since your last advise to me, in benchrest competition, I've had good results with a 13.5 Krieger in 6ppc, .262 neck, .045 leade and Bart's boattails. I've been shooting them 5-7 thou off the lands, with a "large dose" of N133.

The questions are: 1. Given my cases (loaded round)are turned to measure .261, What neck resizing button would you recomend ? I am currently using a .258 button.
2. In your experience, what tangible difference have you observed with a variety of neck tension?

Thanks again,

Vasquez

Vasquez

You are probably asking the wrong person.It is aknown fact that I have a solid die, and I never very the neck tension. I do all of the tuning with slight variations in the powder charge, and with the tuner.

With a .261 neck and N133, A .258 bushing sounds to be a little on the loose side. Back when I shot a .262, a .257 was the industry standard.

If your loded round measures .2595, then you only have a little over .001 grip when you consider spring back.

I would try a .257 as the large size,and a .256 as the smalller.

I now use a a .265 with my .269, my loaded rounds measure ..2675. That's about .0025 interference........jackie

Thanks Mr Schmidt

I will test my setup with a .257 button.

Kind regards,

Vasquez

Back