7mm Dakota or 7.21 Lazzeroni

R

rocky_lange

Has anyone here had personal experience with either the 7mm Dakota or either 7.21 Lazzeronis? I don't want hand me down info from someone who knew someone who owned one, only want info from people who actually have owned or shot them.

I know they will kick, but what do they compare with recoil wise? How accurate were they at longer ranges? What bullet worked/didn't work for you at what twist rates? Does anyone have one they want to sell?:D

Rocky

rocky I've been longing for a Dakota for some time. I have run the numbers on them several times and figure a 9 twist barrel to shoot the 162 grain partitions or Accubonds using lessing powder than the 300 Win mag and getting better ballistics with less recoil at about the same velocity.

Hope This helps
Michael

I would seriously consider the 7mm Weatherby cartridge. If throated to Weatherby specs with tight freebore the 160 Nosler has .025 jump to the lands and will give the maximum velocity with accuracy. Loading dies -chamber reamers and quality brass are easily available at a reasonable price.

Of course a 7mm Weatherby is a bit much for short range Benchrest ........

Glenn:D

Dakota

I recently built a .330 Dak on a Weatherby action, I love the cartridge and yes it does kick when shootingfron the bench when working up loads, but when I shot it at game I didn't notice it at all.
If doing it again I would build it on a controlled round feed action, it would feed a little better. The rifle weighs around nine pounds and is one of my favorites already

I have had a 7mm Dakota for a couple of years now. Mine is in a Rem XP-100 specialty handgun, but my regular practice distance is 600 yards from a bi-pod. I have shot it beyond 1K. I really like it.
You will have better quality brass with the dakota over the lazz brass. Norma makes brass for teh 7mm Dakota.

I was thinking the same as many on here at one time. Why not a big Lazz or Dakota? I called my gunsmith to have one built and boy did I get an eye opener. Dwight Scott not only builds great rifles but goes on safari every year for a month in africa (hunts all sizes). He has seen it all when it comes to hunting chamberings. He will be very honest with you as long as you don't seem offended, if he senses that, he'll just be the nicest person you ever met and keep his opinion to himself. You might be suprised to here what he and his friends take along on the trips.

Hovis

If i didn't already have Redding dies and 100 pcs of brass along with Ruger #1 action sitting I may look elsewhere. Seems like a perfect reason to find someone that will build this one.

Michael

Has anyone here had personal experience with either the 7mm Dakota or either 7.21 Lazzeronis? I don't want hand me down info from someone who knew someone who owned one, only want info from people who actually have owned or shot them.

I know they will kick, but what do they compare with recoil wise? How accurate were they at longer ranges? What bullet worked/didn't work for you at what twist rates? Does anyone have one they want to sell?:D

Rocky

I am testing a remington 700 chamber for a 7mag and re chambered it to a 7mmx300 dakota at the time i thought i need a little larger case than the 7 dakota hornady built the die for me the gun shoots 140 gr nosler at 3400 with 4831 in the stock rem barrel of 24'' it is as fast as any 7stw that i have had groups were 3/4'' with just a random load i am looking forward to a shilen at least 26'' and some reloader 25 or retumbo maybere even some 162gr and work some up jerry

Back