700bdl SA floorplate????????????

btc624

Does anyone know where I can just purchase a floorplate for my 17 remington 700bdl ? I cannot understand for the life of me why remington doesnt offer this as a part. They told me its part of the trigger guard assembly and that I would have to buy the complete unit.... I mean take out 1 pin and the floorplate is off and I just cant see spending $82 for something thats going to end up breaking again anyways, The tabs that hold the follower spring or magazine spring both broke off, these were made of powdered metal it appears,now my spring and follower wont stay in position and its causing my rounds not to feed directly into the chamber Does anyone know where I can buy a floorplate?? my gun is stainless but I would be elated to just get a steel blued version as long as I can operate the gun. Any advice greatly appreciated.:confused:

You will probably have to buy the whole thing. Go to Gun Parts on the net and see what they have. Dave Kiff has new ones.
Butch

Floor plate

I have one in my shop I have not looked at it in a while so I dont know if there are any scratches or not but I can ship it to you for $50.
Nick Loy
ploy@sc.rr.com

floorplate

I am sorry but I forgot that I had used the floorplate on my own gun a while back and that was the only one I had.
Nick

Back