600 Mowawk Thread?????

D

david dumas

got 2)600's catching dust in the back of the safe, think about a 30br doe gun, was wondering thread/in and tenon size,,,,,,,
standard 600 taper barrel, fluted, McMillan stock, 1:14 twist for Sierra 125 ProHuunters, ????????????

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Feeding issues with the BR

I would opt for a round that is idiot proof on feeding since you are talking of live game. A std 243 with a 95g partition is a slam dunk deer slayer! If you use a custom barrel, the gun will shoot with all bullets touching.

Lots of guys have been promised that their new custom BR will feed with the magazine, but reality became something very different.

got 2)600's catching dust in the back of the safe, think about a 30br doe gun, was wondering thread/in and tenon size,,,,,,,
standard 600 taper barrel, fluted, McMillan stock, 1:14 twist for Sierra 125 ProHuunters, ????????????

DD

With me it was a 788 Rem in 22-250 that was gathering dust. Rebarreled with a 10" twist Green Mountain barrel blank, it shoots well & the 30 BR even feeds through the single stack magazine. I replaced the plain birch stock with a Boyd's classic style stock, but I haven't throated it out yet for heavier bullets.

Anything wrong with a 308 with 125's? It smokes those deer & feeds well for sure. I've shot deer out to 300 with sierra's & nosler BT's & they just go flop with a well placed shot. Both bullets shoot very well and the recoil is light with the 125's. I shoot a 10 twist & then I'm not limited to light bullets if I ever need more for some other application. Or you could go with a 12 which will handle up to a 168.

Last edited:
125-135g bullets

my family has killed a lot of big deer with the 125g Sierra, 125g Nosler, and 135g Sierra Single shot pistol bullet in a 308. If you want to down load it, just look at 4895 reduced loads. A 308 loaded with win 748 with these bullet weights really shoots very tight groups...shocking small groups.

DD

hell all I want to know is barrel tenon size & thread pitch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

As far as I know, the thread pitch and diameter is the same as a Rem. 700.
I have put 700 barrels on XR 100's

Back