6 Grinch Sizing Die

I'm thinking of having a 6 Grinch chambered up. I'm hoping some current users will share what sizing die they are using and whether they sent in fired brass or had the die cut based solely on the reamer print. Also, I'm most interested if you are experiencing any clickers. Thanks for your help!

I'm thinking of having a 6 Grinch chambered up. I'm hoping some current users will share what sizing die they are using and whether they sent in fired brass or had the die cut based solely on the reamer print. Also, I'm most interested if you are experiencing any clickers. Thanks for your help!
Why not a straight 6 Grendel? I don't think there's much, if any real world difference in performance. Fwiw.

When I ordered my 6 Grendel chamber reamer I ordered a sizer reamer at the same time and just reamed a die blank. Works fine.

Why not a straight 6 Grendel? I don't think there's much, if any real world difference in performance. Fwiw.

I like the 40° shoulder of my 6 BRA. I like the extra, albeit small, incremental powder capacity of the Grinch. And, most importantly, I want to follow the same initial path through the woods made by folks like Bart.

I'll just have to trust that the Whidden folks get it right. Good luck to all!

I like the 40° shoulder of my 6 BRA. I like the extra, albeit small, incremental powder capacity of the Grinch. And, most importantly, I want to follow the same initial path through the woods made by folks like Bart.

I'll just have to trust that the Whidden folks get it right. Good luck to all!

You don't really need a reason for doing what you want to do. I have zero experience with the Grinch but my comment about there being little to no performance difference came from Bart. He said to me that he has a Grinch and his buddy Billy has a Grendel and that they were getting the same speeds. YMMV. I just like the simplicity of the straight Grendel and that I didn't need a custom die for it as I spec'd my reamer to work with a Type S bushing die. Talk with Bart...I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

I put a “wanted” ad up on accurate shooter and was able to get a Whidden sizer die. I do now know if it was made by sending fired cases to Whidden or not. I do not have much room to play with for bumping the shoulders back. I would say give Whidden a call and see what they recommend.

I am using a 6mmarturbo die to play while waiting for my whidden die from fired cases. Supposed to be almost the same. Used Wilson blank for my seater.

Back