6 Dasher

Shootlapua

I’m new to BR, procuring components for a 6 Dasher in light class (under 17lbs)

Questions:
-lapua or Norma Brass?
-Varget powder?
-dies?
-Barts bullets?
-Arizona matches in winter?
-Midwest matches (Minnesota and Dakotas) summer?

Appreciate any help, I’m very excited about getting involved!
Thx

I’m new to BR, procuring components for a 6 Dasher in light class (under 17lbs)

Questions:
-lapua or Norma Brass?
-Varget powder?
-dies?
-Barts bullets?
-Arizona matches in winter?
-Midwest matches (Minnesota and Dakotas) summer?

Appreciate any help, I’m very excited about getting involved!
Thx
I will suggest a Whidden sizing die.

600 in Ojai ca about 350 from phoenix
the 1000 br range in so az is pretty rough.

reloader 15 also
barts are good as are vapor trail

I shoot lapua

Questions:
-lapua or Norma Brass? Lapua brass unless you use a chamber reamer specifically made for the Norma brass. Take a look at the new Alpha Dasher brass if you don’t want to fireform. Fireforming for the Dasher takes some work if you want consistent cases.

-Varget powder? Varget, Rl-15, or H4895 are all good in the Dasher and one of them should work in your barrel.

-dies? I would recommend getting a bushing sizing die from Harrell’s. They can fit it to your chamber but you need to send 3x fired brass unless your gunsmith can tell you which number die works with the reamer. Wilson for a seating die. Whidden is another good option for dies if you don’t want to go The Harrell’s/Wilson route.

-Barts bullets? Can’t go wrong with Bart’s or Vapor Trail. Roy Hunter is also making some great bullets. Berger is another option if don’t want to go with custom bullets, but in my opinion you need to sort them.

Can’t help with matches in your area.

Have fun with your new gun.

6mm bra

I have a friend that shoots a 6 mm br improved.he does rather well with it and its easy to make verses the dasher with the lapua case.
gary b

Back