40X??'s

722/40x

Some who are into 40X's feel the 722 built.
Being built under Mike Walkers,watch so to speak.:)

Same as 6 and 1/2 dozen. No advantage of one over the other.

Oh really?? The Remington 40XB Rangemaster is a heavy-barreled action that is available in single-shot or repeater versions. It also has, I believe three different options as far as the stock goes. Also there is a 2 ounce trigger available on some rifles. My particular favorite is a single-shot action with the thumbhole stock with the regular 1.5 to 3.5 pound trigger. Like this one:
40xb_thumbhole[1].jpg

Oh really?? The Remington 40XB Rangemaster is a heavy-barreled action that is available in single-shot or repeater versions. It also has, I believe three different options as far as the stock goes. Also there is a 2 ounce trigger available on some rifles. My particular favorite is a single-shot action with the thumbhole stock with the regular 1.5 to 3.5 pound trigger. Like this one:
40xb_thumbhole[1].jpg

Read his question again. I think he wants to know pros & cons of the early 722 action compared to the later 700 based action.

I have had both actions and there REALLY is no functional difference between them. I do think the 722 bolt handle is better for BR work.

40 x

And could he be asking about 40 X rimfire 700 and 722? I get beat by both types.

Well,,,,, this is the rimfire BR forum but this is also the internet so who knows ????? :D

crb
Could you tell me the major differences between the 700 and 722 - 40x action in rimfire? I'm not sure which one i even have? Thanks.........
Colt.45

The 722 has a straight bolt handle with a smooth, round knob and the 700 based action has the dog leg bolt handle with the oval shaped, checkered knob.

Actually the bolts are interchangable. The 700 has the "F" and "S" and a cut on the right side of the tang for the safety lever. The 722 doesn't have the fire or safe markings and the tang is not cut for safely lever clearance.

Yes it related to rimfire.
Was just curious if there was a clear cut winner.
I'm pretty sure I have a 722 based rifle deal closed.
I hate to tear it apart but am going to build a bench rig
on this platform.
Broughton or Lilja is the only decision I have to make yet.
And who I'll get to put her together.
I figure it'll be Gene,Butch or Roger.
If they'll have me:D

Back