2017 USARB Nationals, Salem NY Sept. 1, 2, 3

Renegade

The 2017 USARB National Championship will be hosted by the Salem Pistol and Rifle Club in Upstate NY on Sept 1, 2 and 3. The tentative schedule is Open Practice all day Thursday, Aug 31 and Friday morning, Sept 1. The National Springer Championship will take place beginning at 1 pm on Friday, following the morning practice session. LV and HV will be contested on Saturday and Open 25m will take place Sunday morning. Participation is limited to 48 shooters and all matches will be run under USARB/WRABF rules. Electronic scoring will be by True Score, the WRABF scoring program utilized very successfully at the 2015 WRABF World Championships in Australia. All protests will be manually plugged with the approved USARB scoring plug and viewed by a 3 person team of experienced scorers.

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club is located at 416 Black Creek Rd in Salem NY, about 5 miles west of Vermont, an hour northeast of Albany(nearest airport). We have 16 concrete benches on our 80’ firing line and ample room for cleaning and equipment storage behind the firing line, with plenty of parking space. A limited number of camping spaces will be available without hookups. There are several Bed and Breakfast Inns in the Salem area, two small motels in Cambridge (approx. 10 miles South of Salem) and more lodging options 25-45 minutes from the range across the border in Vermont and to the west in the Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls areas. A complete list of lodging options will be posted asap.

This event was approved by the BOD of USARB a week ago and by the Salem Pistol and Rifle Club just this evening so plans are just beginning. I will post updates as plans solidify, and will have a registration form with match fees (most likely the same as last years) available asap.

Looking forward to a memorable Nationals,
Todd Banks-Pres., Salem Pistol and Rifle Club
TKBanks98@aol.com, 518-796-0768 (please leave a message and I'll get back to you)

Last edited:
Most Of Holbrook's shooters are looking forward to the Regional and Nationals!

The 2017 USARB National Championship will be hosted by the Salem Pistol and Rifle Club in Upstate NY on Sept 1, 2 and 3. The tentative schedule is Open Practice all day Thursday, July 31 and Friday morning, August 1. The National Springer Championship will take place beginning at 1 pm on Friday, following the morning practice session. LV and HV will be contested on Saturday and Open 25m will take place Sunday morning. Participation is limited to 48 shooters and all matches will be run under USARB/WRABF rules. Electronic scoring will be by True Score, the WRABF scoring program utilized very successfully at the 2015 WRABF World Championships in Australia. All protests will be manually plugged with the approved USARB scoring plug and viewed by a 3 person team of experienced scorers.

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club is located at 416 Black Creek Rd in Salem NY, about 5 miles west of Vermont, an hour northeast of Albany(nearest airport). We have 16 concrete benches on our 80’ firing line and ample room for cleaning and equipment storage behind the firing line, with plenty of parking space. A limited number of camping spaces will be available without hookups. There are several Bed and Breakfast Inns in the Salem area, two small motels in Cambridge (approx. 10 miles South of Salem) and more lodging options 25-45 minutes from the range across the border in Vermont and to the west in the Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls areas. A complete list of lodging options will be posted asap.

This event was approved by the BOD of USARB a week ago and by the Salem Pistol and Rifle Club just this evening so plans are just beginning. I will post updates as plans solidify, and will have a registration form with match fees (most likely the same as last years) available asap.

TKBanks98@aol.com, 518-796-0768 (please leave a message and I'll get back to you)

Thanks Todd for picking up the Nationals !
Paul Bendix.

But the best shooters are West of Denver :(

Just kidding! :cool:

I have to send my regrets. We have a vinyard here (Ventura County CA), and harvest / wine-making crazyness is around that time and couldn't get away for that long.

Sure it will be well run and fun, though!

Kim

Organization Appreciation

I'm aware of what goes into something like this, so thank's in advance Todd for hosting the match. I've got it on my calendar and will be there, life permitting.

Chas

Shooter List

The following shooters have expressed intent to attend the Nationals at Salem:

1.Paul Bendix
2.Dave Shattuck
3.Bill Day
4.Chas DiCapua
5.Sam Wolcott
6. Dan Carpenter
7. Mark Marini
9.Ken Hicks
10.Frank Mendola
11.Nate Thomas
12.Chris Sloan
13.Steve Brookhouse
14.Gerry Beaudoin
15.John Eroh
17. Pete Wass
18. Brian VanLiew
19. Dan Carpenter
20. Todd Banks
21. Dr. Howard Williams
22. Rick Ingraham
23. John French

Last edited:
Lodging near Salem

Old Saratoga Motor Inn Schuylerville, NY www.oldsaratogamotorinn.com 518 695 9997
Springs Motel, www.springsmotel.com 518 584 6336
Peace Be Still Motor Inn Cambridge, NY 518 677 5524
Motel Cambridge, NY www.motelcambridge.com 518 677 2453
Rice Mansion Cambridge, NY www.ricemansioninn.com (books groups only) 518 677 5741
Sunshine Inn Greenwich, NY, www.sunshineinn.us 518 692 2997 (15 minutes from the range)
Bunker Hill Inn, www.bunkerhillinn.com (less than 5 miles from the range) 518 854 9339
Valhalla Motel Arlington, VT www.valhallamotel.com 802 375 2212
Palmer House Motel Manchester, VT www.palmerhouse.com 802 362 3600
The Kings Inn, Greenwich, NY www.ctkcenter.org 518 692 9550
Lake Lauderdale Campground (10 minutes from the range) 518 677 8855
www.lakelauderdalecampground.com Has two rustic cabins and a mid size RV for rent.
Candlelight Motel, Arlington VT www.candlelightmotel.com 820 375 6647

Chain Hotels located in Bennington and Manchester Vermont, Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls NY, all within 45 minutes of the range

Nationals Registration Form attached

I've attached the Nationals Registration form to this post. Remember, the postmark deadline is July 15th. I will mark you as confirmed and list the classes you will shoot on the list above as I receive your registrations.

Attachments

• 2017 USARB Nationals Registration form 3-16.docx
    45.3 KB · Views: 417
I've attached the Nationals Registration form to this post. Remember, the postmark deadline is July 15th. I will mark you as confirmed and list the classes you will shoot on the list above as I receive your registrations.

A PDF version is also available on the USARB website.

Steve W.

Just kidding! :cool:

I have to send my regrets. We have a vinyard here (Ventura County CA), and harvest / wine-making crazyness is around that time and couldn't get away for that long.

Sure it will be well run and fun, though!

Kim

Excuses excuses......... ;):p

Sponsors list

We're hoping to have a prize table stocked with enough donations from shooting related distributors to give every participant something to take home. I will list those donors as we receive confirmation from them.

Sightron- Siii10-50x60 FTIRMOA scope with side wheel, eye piece and neoprene scope coat. List price $1700
AOA- Aztec Emerald 5.5-25X50 scope, 3 sets of Sportsmatch scope rings and a Sportsmatch Spirit Level kit
Predator International- Two sleeves of JSB 8.4gr 4.52mm pellets, matching lot numbers
BKL- several sets of 1" and 30mm scope rings
Paul Bendix- $100
Pyramyd Air- 48 empty plastic bags valued at .78c each and 10 tins of JSB Monsters

Last edited:
Todd
where or from who can someone get information on this True Score program ?

The 2017 USARB National Championship will be hosted by the Salem Pistol and Rifle Club in Upstate NY on Sept 1, 2 and 3.
all matches will be run under USARB/WRABF rules. Electronic scoring will be by True Score,
the WRABF scoring program utilized very successfully at the 2015 WRABF World Championships in Australia.
All protests will be manually plugged with the approved USARB scoring plug and viewed by a 3 person team of experienced scorers.

Dick,
Send me an email at TKBanks98 at aol.com and I'll send it to you. It is available to any USARB sanctioned club.

Todd,

Anybody else register since 5-19?

Hoping to see enough shooters coming in so we can get at least 2+ full relays - but 3 would be better.

Looking forward to it.

Dave

Dave,
I have 21 people on the list of possible participants at this point, and about a third of those are people I've heard might be attending from other shooters. I have received 3 registration forms so far, with the deadline for registration just about 3 weeks off...

We have had a few companies step up to the plate with generous donations for prize drawings. Sightron, who also supplied all 7 shooters on Team USA headed to Slovenia with Siii 10-50x60 scopes at an incredible price, sent a package today and I'll announce what they've sent as soon as I receive it. BKL sent us 14 sets of assorted rings to give out, half of which we gave away at the Regionals. Predator International has sent two sleeves of JSB 8.4's (for those of you that haven't dealt with Predator, they are the US importer of JSB pellets, and will send individual shooters several lots of pellets to test and hold a quantity of those lots for a week or so while you test!). Airguns of Arizona will also be sending prizes, as well as supplying uniforms for Team USA. A huge thank you goes out to these companies, and any others willing to step up to help make the 2017 Nationals a success!!!

Back