2 Inch Barrier Broken. Matt Kline Sets New HG World Record in PA.

4Mesh

TWO'S Barrier Broken. Matt Kline Sets New HG World Record in PA.

I just received a call minutes ago reporting a new HG record for group and score. A drizzly day in PA, along with CONSIDERABLE BULLET SORTING, and NO WIND READING, results in a 2.815" 100. I'm told it's official at that dimension.

Congratulations Matt.

A more dedicated guy would be hard to find. Matt has two guns that have threatened that record nearly each week, and he has a hard time deciding which to shoot most days. He shoots one in the relays and one in the shootoffs, but which is the dilemma. He's got names for em, one is called "Grouper", the other he calls "Leaker". Leaker shoots as small as grouper even when it leaks. It sounds to me like "Leaker" decided not to leak today. Matt often said to me, "Phil, if Leaker ever decides not to leak, it'll break the record even if it's windy." That was prophetic.

No doubt, photos will follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Matt !!!! - - - Very impressive to say the least !!!!!

What was the X count ??

Happy Shooting
Donovan Moran

Matt that is outstanding and You are to be congratulated on your accomplishment.

I would also like to extend to You an invitation to bring "Leaker" and "Grouper" out to the NBRSA 1000 Yard Nationals in October.I will pay your entry fees.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Congrats Matt! Wish I were there to see it. Hey, did you "read the wind" or did you go "full auto"?:D

Good on ya Matt ,From the aussie 1k Benchrest group ,Awesome results dedicated to how you approach both the shooting style and the components..JR.. Jeff Rogers ps.. i'm a long way away maybe you could PM me that batch # of those 210s

I was in the pit when matt broke the record, I was on target 6 he was shooting on target 7, didn't see them all come in but was the first to put a tape measure on it and said it was about 2.850. Would have liked to have seen more X's matt , [If only you could read the wind.] That was well deserved Matt Congratulations, One more 100 and we can say it wasn't luck.

Je Salt

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!WAY TO GO MATT!!! Looks like I picked a good weekend to go camping,LOL.No one works harder than you pal. The beers are on me at match 10.

Today at The Original Pennsylvania 1000 Yard Benchrest Club range Matt Kline set a new Heavy Gun World Record, group and score, with a 2.815" 100 4X.
300WSM
210-VLD Berger bullets
BAT action
30" Broughton barrel
Nightforce 8-32x56 Benchrest
smithed by Mark King Rifles
With this 100 score target Matt also set an new 6 Match Heavy Gun Score Aggregate of 99.000 with match 10 to shoot yet the score could go higher.

Link to target photo: http://www.pa1000yard.com/images/pdisp.php?pic=1543&qual=D

Phil:

What a tremendous accomplishment! Matt's Shooting in the 2s -- and in the center is just unreal. I wish I had been there to see it. I can't wait for you to post the pictures so I can copy one for my shop. I love the 300 WSM, and for some reason, I am glad that chambering broke the record. Joel started the ball rolling after the many years that the 3.151 held up. I believe the old record has been broken at least once since Joel, but the sub 3" mark makes this really special.

Congrats to Matt!

Jim Hardy

Congratulations Matt !!!!!! Well deserved by one fine competitor!!!!

Congratulations Matt ! That some fine shooting !! Job well done !!!!!

Shawn & Veronica

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shooting Matt,
Well deserved to one of the most dedicated person's in the sport, your time and effort has finally paid off.

John & Sue

Congratulations. Enjoy it a bit.

And keep working. I'd like to see the 1,000 yard record better the Point-Blank guys, and I think we can get there!

Charles Ellertson

Congratulations Matt.
You deserve it after coming all so close to many times.Besides being a very dedicated to the sport he is also ONE GREAT GUY.

Matt,

Great shooting. As usual. What else needs to be said. Keep it up and the bar gets raised a little higher.

Danny

Back