1000 yard

I am thinking of shooting long range (800 to 1000yds). Will I need a base with 20 MOA built in it to get on target. My rifles are
40X and Kelbly Panda. I see Kelbly makes a 20 MOA adapter that slides on the Pandas dove tail. Has any one used one of these?
Thanks for any help.
Bob

depends on the scope and the target size.
a 5.5-22 nsx nightforce has 100 moa built in.
see my thread on factory rifles. 300 wm mk 13 sniper.

the 15-55 has less and either rings (burris tactical/signature)
or a tilted base.

I am thinking of shooting long range (800 to 1000yds). Will I need a base with 20 MOA built in it to get on target. My rifles are
40X and Kelbly Panda. I see Kelbly makes a 20 MOA adapter that slides on the Pandas dove tail. Has any one used one of these?
Thanks for any help.
Bob

Short answer - yes! No probs at all.

depends on the scope and the target size.
a 5.5-22 nsx nightforce has 100 moa built in.
see my thread on factory rifles. 300 wm mk 13 sniper.

the 15-55 has less and either rings (burris tactical/signature)
or a tilted base.

I will be using a Leupold 45X competition. I don't know how much adjustment they have or if I will need a tapered base.
My goal is to try varmit benchrest sjlhouette at Ridgeway,Pa
Thanks Bob

bob,
that scope only has 38 moaTOTAL...19 UP 19 DOWN
PER THEIR SPEC SHEET.
POOR WORDING, IT MAY BE 38 EACH WAY...

so add a base or rings, re-zero and good luck.

After reading this threat, I contacted Kelbly regarding their 25 MOA Dove Tail Base Rings. I have a 6.5x47L that has the 0 MOA Borden Dove Tail Bases. Jim does not offer a 30 MOA dovetail base, so it would have meant changing over to a 20 MOA rail and new Weaver Type (Burris Signature, Tactical Etc.) in order to not have to make major changes to the scope zero or using hold over, which is how I have been shooting 1,000 yards. My 6.5x47L Sighted in at 100 yards needs some 38 MOA to get out to 1,000 with the projectiles I use. So my plan is to have a second scope set up with the 25 MOA Kelbly Dove Tail Rings and have a "Switch Scope" gun to go from short range bench rest to long range.

Bob

rkittine (woulda said Bob but there's two) - Build a whole 'nuther rifle for short range BR. "Switch" anything in competition shooting doesn't work well. Yes, there have been a couple or three that had some degree of success...just sayin'.

i've shot both the 6.5x47 and a Dasher and never needed more than 20 min. base and if you use a burris sig. rings you can get 20 min out of them on a picatinny rail or get 20 mi. one and you can go from zero to 40 min. with the Burris Sig. rings......... jim

the new burris rings(tactical) allow 40 moa in the rings.
heavier with 6 top screws and 2 cross bolts.

rkittine (woulda said Bob but there's two) - Build a whole 'nuther rifle for short range BR. "Switch" anything in competition shooting doesn't work well. Yes, there have been a couple or three that had some degree of success...just sayin'.

I have two pandas and I will have one for each game. I think I will go with the Dasher but don't see any bushing dies available.

Back